By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Starbucks Billionaire: You Can’t Have Healthcare Or College

DirtyP2002 said:
lightningfunk said:

the people arguing that there should be free stuff really need to hit rock bottom so that they can learn something new like economics

Germany has 100% free education and a very decent healthcare and social security system established. Germany reported a budget surplus of 25 billion Euro (28 billion USD).
That means Germany actually made a profit.

their hospitals arent as cutting edge as ours. You'll see the difference the moment you walk in.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
lightningfunk said:

all those countries have some or the other problems

just look at UK and their debt levels

also all the medical innovation happens in free market countries like USA

USA is far more in debt than UK and other countries which have health car and education in their system so that's not really an argument against it.

The US is in debt because of stupid people trying to be like Germany. There isn’t enough currency in the world to pay for our unfunded liabilities aka empty promises. 

DirtyP2002 said:
lightningfunk said:

the people arguing that there should be free stuff really need to hit rock bottom so that they can learn something new like economics

Germany has 100% free education and a very decent healthcare and social security system established. Germany reported a budget surplus of 25 billion Euro (28 billion USD).

why isnt everybody in the world trying to move to germany?

acer67 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

why isnt everybody in the world trying to move to germany?

The third world is...

Wyrdness said:

USA is far more in debt than UK and other countries which have health car and education in their system so that's not really an argument against it.

USA's debt is from many other things rather then healthcare & education like Military and is a much bigger country with much bigger GDP,so they can payoff the debt easily

UK's debt is a much bigger problem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt

also if you are wanting free healthcare & edcuation,you should look into economics & philosophy.When people are not rewarded for their work,they stop working

Around the Network

whenever i see someone say some shit like "free healthcare" i just fucking cringe lol

its like these people think that government waves a magic wand and pulls services from the aether

the fact of the matter is that everything government provides is funded by money TAKEN FROM YOU

some of that money may be used to provide services sure, but some is also funneled into 

injection portions of the population with pathogens

propaganda campaigns 

selling drugs to children

etc etc etc

at this stage in the game if you exclusively trust the government with your health then aren't really thinking clearly

Ka-pi96 said:
massimus said:

People should move there if it’s so great. They are all open borders. They should trade their food stamps for cash on a 1 way ticket and free themselves from this tyranny. 

Are you intentionally making shit up or are you just ignorant?

You’re not open borders? What are you, right wing racists?

too many people making shit up in this thread.

So here is some Hard Facts.

there is a lot of countries with lower gdp than the US and they have free healthcare and education. Furthermore many foreign students you see in universities here in the US or the UK have all of their expenses paid for by their country. so this starbucks billionaire is full of shit, and it makes me not want to go there even more.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
lightningfunk said:
Wyrdness said:

USA's debt is from many other things rather then healthcare & education like Military and is a much bigger country with much bigger GDP,so they can payoff the debt easily

UK's debt is a much bigger problem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt

also if you are wanting free healthcare & edcuation,you should look into economics & philosophy.When people are not rewarded for their work,they stop working

UK's debt is also from other things I know because I'm from the UK a lot of it is to do with taxes from big companies not being paid and the rich using tax havens like Panama to dodge paying, look at your link the US' debt is bigger than UK, France and Germany combined. UK is the financial capital of the world with business transactions all being done in London so a lot of money is made back from businesses from other countries using our financial network, I can tell you this as someone in that industry I know a fair bit about economics and such.

Fact is health care and education are not the heavy contributors to debt like some of you are claiming as many countries with much lower economies have it, Libya when Gaddafi was in charge had no debt and had it in their system the country even paid every citizen who had a new born child 5000 quid so to put it bluntly the excuse of debt doesn't hold up. What contributes to debt far more than health care and education are all these conflicts across the world.

Wyrdness said:

UK's debt is also from other things I know because I'm from the UK a lot of it is to do with taxes from big companies not being paid and the rich using tax havens like Panama to dodge paying, look at your link the US' debt is bigger than UK, France and Germany combined.

USA's GDP is also bigger than all of them combined and they have a low percentage to GDP debt

UK is the financial capital of the world with business transactions all being done in London so a lot of money is made back from businesses from other countries using our financial network, I can tell you this as someone in that industry I know a fair bit about economics and such.

really? - don't seem like

Fact is health care and education are not the heavy contributors to debt like some of you are claiming as many countries with much lower economies have it,

USA has an almost $2trillion College Tuition debt and don't start me on Medicare pleaseeeeee

Libya when Gaddafi was in charge had no debt and had it in their system the country even paid every citizen who had a new born child 5000 quid

libya & other middle eastern countries have Oil money,don't compare it with normal economies

and even them,research Saudi Arabia how they are gonna run into problem as their Oil money decline and economy matures

so to put it bluntly the excuse of debt doesn't hold up. What contributes to debt far more than health care and education are all these conflicts across the world.

don't deny it but that is not related to what we are talking about much