By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DOOM Eternal show at Quakecon, coming to PS4, XONE, PC and Switch

Doom Eternal and Rage 2 both looked great.

Around the Network
Qwark said:

Anyway its obvious that Bethesda will port what they can with relative ease or let another studio handle the port. But they did for example skip Fallout 76 on Switch. Rage 2 also has not been announced yet for Switch if I remember correctly.

They seem to have a pretty good arrangement going with Panic Button to handle the Switch versions of Doom/Wolfenstein II, and if the rumours are true, Doom Eternal. 

Conversion houses like this are a good solution in general for handling ports to the Switch, it frees up the primary studio from having to focus on too many different versions while (optimistically) allowing the Switch version to get the attention it deserves instead of being stuck at the bottom of the main developer's priority list and suffering in quality as a result. 

Mnementh said:
HollyGamer said:

LOL   neither the PC, PS4 and Xbox One of Doom running on Unreal. Come on, Doom are using id tech engine and supposes to be a rival of Unreal Engine. If you guys playing games in 1990 you will understand this. Quake, Doom are the Rival of Unreal Games and Unreal engine.  

It was more like Unreal was the upcoming rival of the established Doom engine. Doom and it's engine was around for years, until Unreal came. WAD-files were a standard for some time.

My poor English, I mean both of them are rival 

Qwark said:
Miyamotoo said:

Actually game wasnt locked 1080p/60fps even on PS4,  while on XB1 runs at 900-810p and FPS goes down to 40. 

The Switch didn't lock its 30fps either so the comparison still stands. Anyway its obvious that Bethesda will port what they can with relative ease or let another studio handle the port. But they did for example skip Fallout 76 on Switch. Rage 2 also has not been announced yet for Switch if I remember correctly.

No comparison dont stand because he was saying that games runs at 1080p/60fps on XB1 with point that game isnt demanding, but fact that game runs at 810-900p and FPS is far more offten below 60 FPS than it was 60 FPS tell us that game is quite demanding.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/315657-doom-eternal-on-switch-planned-to-launch-alongside-all-other-vers

- id currently planning to release all versions simultaneously

- Will be 30fps on Switch like the first game, expectedly

- Panic Button confirmed to be doing the Switch version

Last edited by curl-6 - on 12 August 2018