By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone still think smash ultimate is a port?

"If you want to use words in your own way, don't get frustrated when people think you're being ridiculous. "

I am not frustrated, I am just facing a majority of people (you speak on their name) who are dumbs about a topic, that's all.
Majora is not a new game, it is a new entry in the serie but before being a new game, it is a spin off using 80% of an existing base.
Breath of the wild is a NEW game, except names, some scenaristical bases and caradesign, EVERY PIXELS, MODELS AND EFFECTS of the game are NEW.

I will never give up, even if the complete list of members here says that I am wrong.

Around the Network
Amnesia said:
"If you want to use words in your own way, don't get frustrated when people think you're being ridiculous. "

I am not frustrated, I am just facing a majority of people (you speak on their name) who are dumbs about a topic, that's all.
Majora is not a new game, it is a new entry in the serie but before being a new game, it is a spin off using 80% of an existing base.
Breath of the wild is a NEW game, except names, some scenaristical bases and caradesign, EVERY PIXELS, MODELS AND EFFECTS of the game are NEW.

I will never give up, even if the complete list of members here says that I am wrong.

If every member thinks your definition is wrong, and you continue using it, you are by definition being incoherent.  This is not the way people have used the word new game, and not even close to the way people use the term spin off.

JWeinCom said:
Podings said:
It's an irrelevant question in the end.

What remains is that it suffers from some of the issues typically associated with ports, like assets adapting poorly to the rendering abilities of the new system, while it also does feature a LOT of modifications and added content.

My biggest issue is hands-down that the artwork is now ALL OVER THE PLACE, and the new additions are a far cry from being as stylish and coherent as what we saw in 4. I'm having some serious concerns about who they have art directing this thing over at Sora Ltd.

What exactly do you mean by coherent?  Cause in a series that featured Donkey Kong, Mr. Game and Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, and Math, I'm not sure it was ever exactly coherent.

Oh, yeah, I'm only talking about the visuals. Shape language, color palettes, surface qualities, animations, sizes of details, that kind of thing.

A lot can be done to unify elements that would otherwise looks disparate, and they really gave it some good effort in 4.

So every sequel to a game is basically not a new game, especially if they are in the same console. Majoras, god of war,halo , gears of war, uncharted.....

Consoles are full of spin offs, remakes and upgraded games. Gosh, is like they are not even trying anymore........

Duh

Podings said:
JWeinCom said:

What exactly do you mean by coherent?  Cause in a series that featured Donkey Kong, Mr. Game and Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, and Math, I'm not sure it was ever exactly coherent.

Oh, yeah, I'm only talking about the visuals. Shape language, color palettes, surface qualities, animations, sizes of details, that kind of thing.

A lot can be done to unify elements that would otherwise looks disparate, and they really gave it some good effort in 4.

I sort of get what you're saying, but sort of don't.  Any specific examples you can give?

Around the Network
Amnesia said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Okay, this is just ridiculous. Please stop

Saying "Please stop" is not enough when you just don't want to accept a different opinion thna yours. I have much more arguments on my side to affirm that Majora is not really a "new game" but more a sequel using 80% of the material of Ocarina. For MK8 on Switch it is 98%.

ARMS and Odysee are new games at 100%, that's why they are among the most advanced games of the Switch in term of graphics.

According to your logic, Mario Odyssey is NOT a brand new game. There are assets from previous Mario games. Mario runs, jumps, swims, collects coins. There are bullet bills, goombas, koopas, bricks, mushrooms. Princess, Bowser, Toad, Luigi all make appearances. It's nice that you can dissociate from reality in such an intense manner. 

bigtakilla said:
Does anyone still really care what anyone else thinks about this game?

Of course we do, otherwise we wouldnt be in this forum or you wouldnt be in this thread.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Amnesia said:
JWeinCom said:

Well, first off, that's kind of a bizarre point of view.  An opinion is valid or not valid based on reasons and supporting evidence.  Whether the majority of people believe it does not make something true or untrue.

Secondly, you're not really arguing opinion, you're arguing about a definition.  If I wanted to refer to call dogs wolves, I may be able to justify that (after all they are 99.9% identical, far more than Majora's mask and Ocarina), but since that's not the way we use the words, nobody is going to understand me.  You can't use your own definitions if you want to communicate with others.

It is not my own definition, I am just describing the fucking obvious truth !

Majora is not a port, but I don't call this a new game. I don't even understand how it is possible to debate this. If you believe, that Majora is to be considered as a NEW game like Breath of the wild is, then we can stop to discus simply and just ignore each other.
MK64 was a complete new game at 100%, MK8D is a port at 99%.

Truth?Good lord, are we now going to redefine what facts are?

Look, you can have your own opinion on this, as long as you admit you are wrong.Opinions are something, definitions are another.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Amnesia said:

This is not a dispute or anything.Nor no one care if you think you are the sole beacon of reason or anything like that.We are just pointing out the errors in your line of logic, the misguided way of thinking.You can think this way if you want, even if its wrong.Just dont go complaining about it when people point out the holes in the argument, or make fancy yourself as a savior or saint for having a different opinion.

Amnesia said:
I am not this kind of guy who follow what the majority thinks. I always believed that the majority's opinion is bullshit, so even if you are 200 thinking that against me alone, I would still keep my own opinion.

My opinion is already bullshit before even having a chance of stating it :(

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3