By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US Plans to Start a Space Force by 2020

"Speaking at the Pentagon earlier today, Vice President Mike Pence outlined the official plan to create the U.S. Space Force, the first new branch of the military in more than 70 years.Describing it as “an idea whose time has come,” Pence told an audience of U.S. Armed Forces that the Space Force—the first new military branch since the establishment of the U.S. Air Force in 1947—will restore American leadership in space. Pence provided some new details about the Space Force and his administration’s plan for rolling out the new branch, which he expects to be up-and-running by 2020. Later today, the Pentagon will be releasing a congressionally mandated report describing the steps needed to create the new branch."

Source: https://gizmodo.com/heres-the-official-plan-to-create-the-u-s-space-force-1828225436

Time for space colonies. This is pretty useless now but might be good to be the first country with a space military just incase we need it in the future.

Around the Network

Finally, maybe now we can get the moonbases we were promised so long ago

This reminds me of that Star Wars project that Reagan was planning.

Smartie900 said:
This reminds me of that Star Wars project that Reagan was planning.

Exactly. It’s a distraction. Let's hope it doesn’t come to that and this rubbish gets abandoned by the next term.

I don’t have a head big enough for this facepalm.

Around the Network

Good. NASA, space travel and exploration is one of the few government projects I’m willing to waste money on. Give them the EPA budget. Personally I’m glad that NASA is back to doing space things instead of Muslim outreach.

You'll all be eating crow when MURICA saves the earth from the green Martian invaders!

MURICA!!!!!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I wonder where they're going to pull the hundreds of billions of dollar budget for this one? They already are gutting health care...hmm...maybe they'll actually get rid of SS for this one.

S.Peelman said:
I don’t have a head big enough for this facepalm.

And Prima Donald Troomf doesn't have a hand big enough for a facepalm.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It's always interesting to see people dramatically overreact.

What does this really mean? Not that much to be honest. All the strongest countries already invest in this area. But now people are having kittens because there is a proposal to take it away from the Air Force and give it a dedicated branch? News flash--the same development would still take place even without a separate designation.

People complain about the oddest things.

Not to mention that this is only a proposal at the moment. Only Congress can create a new military branch.