By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest XI Switch development going well and news could be coming soon

Dragon Quest creator Yuji Horii provided an update on the Switch version of Dragon Quest XI today. During the “Let’s all get excited! Live Recording from Back Stage at the Dragon Quest XI Concert” program, Horii mentioned that development on Nintendo’s console is going well, and indicated that he expects information to be released sometime soon. We unfortunately don’t have access to the program, but there may have been a hint that we’ll hear about it during the Tokyo Game Show in September.

Despite being announced a couple of years ago, Square Enix has still not shown Dragon Quest XI on Switch. However, we finally received confirmation earlier this year that it’s based on the PlayStation 4 version, as opposed to the 3DS release or something else entirely.

Source

https://nintendoeverything.com/series-creator-says-dragon-quest-xi-switch-development-going-well-and-indicates-news-could-be-coming-soon/

Considering the game has already been translated I expect the Japanese and Western release dates to be not too far apart. I think a 2019 release on Switch is pretty possible after this update and since the PS4 version will be out in the west next month.

Around the Network

The truth is: we will know about It just after PS4 release

Click HERE and be happy 

i get my beautiful Dragon Quest XI for the lead platform (PS4) in early september. After Ni No Kuni 2 the next big jpg-masterpiece with interesting story and wonderful worlds, I am so happy! =) The "PS4Share Button" will be in action often, because the game looks sooo amazing! It's going to be a fantastic time next month

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 08 August 2018

It will be released far enought after the PS4 version for it to be worth double dipping the game... S-E knows what they are doing.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

After the success of Octopath Traveler, SE must be like, "Ok Switch team, get it into high gear! No more d***ing around...we need to get this version out ASAP!"

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
KazumaKiryu said:

i get my beautiful Dragon Quest XI for the lead platform (PS4) in early september. After Ni No Kuni 2 the next big jpg-masterpiece with interesting story and wonderful worlds, I am so happy! =) The "PS4Share Button" will be in action often, because the game looks sooo amazing! It's going to be a fantastic time next month

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that Ni No Kuni 2 was a masterpiece. Did you play the original? Fingers crossed for DQXI, though. :)