By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Spoilers] New Character Leaked for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

mZuzek said:
Barkley said:

Even with the old version, leaked announcements never get spoiler warnings on here. Rage 2, Pokémon let's go... Leaks are put on here all the time.

Because these kinds of leaks are very different. Firstly, because leaks such as Pokémon Let's Go usually come with a lot of doubt over whether they're actually real, and also because even if they are, people can usually speculate for a while about what this leaked game really is like, and such.

With this, though? We know it's real, for sure, and we know it'll be announced today - probably as the Direct's final announcement, which makes it even worse - and there's no suspense, either. We know what it is, and what it'll be like. It's Simon Belmont in Smash. Sure, we might not know the exact moveset or whatever, but I think everyone can sort of tell what it'll be like.

You just described every pre-E3 period. Maybe you're right on whether pre-E3 talk is a mix of speculation, but there have been many, many instances where announcements, even video footage, have been spoiled before their respective conferences.

In the end of the day, I don't think Jason needs to apologize for anything because it's not like he spoiled that on the next Zelda game Link beats Ganon. It was a leaked character on a game; we've been spoiled with worse. With how information is dealt around the industry these days, this was probably going to leak before the announcement anyways.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
MasonADC said:

Well I better see a Castlevania game soon then.

Oh you wont, unless something like Castlevania Survive counts. :L

I know I'm asking for WAY too much, but wouldn't it be something if they announced a new Switch Castlevania game at the end of the direct?

Or maybe I'm just bitter that Nintendo is giving us a Smash-only direct after essentially giving us a Smash-only E3 direct.