By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Facebook, Apple, YouTube, and Spotify Remove Alex Jones from their Platforms

Frogs are...

gay 22 62.86%

straight 13 37.14%

Total:35

This is a terrible precedent.

I imagine hosts with shows that push back against the corporate media narratives could be axed too using "dabbling in conspiracy theories" as an excuse. Yes, I know, these are private businesses and have the right to do what they want, I hope we get a new more neutral platform than those offered by the silicon valley.

Around the Network

That's a shame, I sometimes watch his videos. Not really into his opinion, but I don't mind infowars.

Last edited by think-man - on 06 August 2018

good

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

You are allotted free Speech by the 1st amendment, but also these are non-government owned platforms. They can do what they want, and how they want to do it. You aren't invincible with the Free Speech Card. They have a brand to protect and uphold. If a certain individual is bringing in negative energy to a private owned company, it's up to the board members, investors, etc. to make a decision that is in the best interest of their company. Could be for ad revenue reasons, marketing partners, etc. This makes total sense, and I'm glad this happened. It has at least a little bit restored my faith in humanity.

Yes, free speech being violated on a .... privately owned platform?

Ok.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
good

Please try to add more than one word replies. 

this is NOT censorship. using fear and ignorance to fuel hatred and create a spiteful, enraged community is NOT free speech. the point of reporting news is to deliver it in a way that doesnt pick a side. the way Alex Jones reported news could arguable be considered propaganda. they are not banning free speech from their platforms, they are banning him for disgusting actions

Yerm said:
this is NOT censorship.

I mean, you could say it's censorship. It's just not censorship of free speech guaranteed by the government, since all those sites are privately owned. 

Its about time. Too bad the owner of Chobani didn't sue him out of business.

Good riddance. And no this has nothing about your rights. You are banned from a website, not put in jail for your uninformed opinion. Nothing is being violated here.