By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Ultimate Direct August 8th 2018 announced at Evo

I don't care too much about characters now that every veteran is confirmed, just give me Fountain of Dreams and Subspace, please!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I’m getting really tired of hearing about Smash when Switch is having such a AAA drought. My favorite pick for a character would be skullkid though.

Not too interest in this Direct but curious to see new characters reveals, also this probably means that next regular Direct (most likely September one) want be Smash heavy.

They just need to announce the return of Board the Platforms and is perfect.

Single player.

Around the Network

We can expect an announcement here. This direct could have for goal the marketing of SSBU + a surprise at the end.

Please let it have a single player campaign in the form of Brawls Subspace Emissary.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

My assumption is some information on returning game modes and a new fighter. Hoping for a Subspace-esque single-player mode.

Nice! I'm always up for some more Smash news!

Signature goes here!

Honestly some of you are WAY to soft on Nintendo. They need to step up their game.

E3 was a smash direct that dragged longer than Days of Our Lives. I couldn't care less on what little is left to reveal.

All this show is Nintendo are fucked and have nothing else in the pipeline for 2018 worth my money. They are committing the same mistakes they did with Wii and WiiU. Strong start then not enough fuel to keep the engine running long term.

I won't be surprised if they announce an October Direct and it is a smash one too lol.