By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Disrespects LeBron and Jordan comes to his defense.

vivster said:
Mr Puggsly said:

snip

Ah yeah, the political right. Masters of the art of whataboutism.

Yes, totally just a tactic of the right.

In a nutshell, Trump is guy that punches back. Obama did it to Fox News often because they were critical of him. I'd argue Obama should have been happy most of the media kissed his ass. But no, Obama was always bothered Fox News existed and had opposing views to his ideology.

To the contrary, Trump has most of the media attacking him (because most of our media left wing), so he has many to attack back.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
collint0101 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Blame the local governments that run shitty public schools and democrats who oppose charter/private schools.

Republicans want to give people vouchers so they can pay for private schools instead of being stuck at public schools. Meanwhile charter schools are limited/obstructed by supporters of the failed public system.

The solution is give people more options and lets parents decide which school will benefit their children most. The voucher system and more charter schools would allow that. Public school is failing children and that hurts the poor primarily.

Then we should fix the public school. Giving vouchers to people that can't afford private schools would be nice but we shouldn't have people trying to escape shitty public schools in the first place. At that point we're just dancing around the problem instead of actually fixing it all while people that don't get vouchers or can't afford to go to private schools suffer. 

You need to accept there is no magical switch that can be flipped to make public schools a good or great option in every community. Again, this is local issues that needs to be dealt with by many cities. More importantly, it would NEVER happen quickly (if ever) so that means many kids suffer with shit schools. Hence, put your ideology aside because its hurting children and communities.

If we simply pass the voucher system for all states and allow more charter schools, we give parents a lot more power to provide their kids a better education.

If you give everybody more options, then everybody has access to something better.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
vivster said:

Ah yeah, the political right. Masters of the art of whataboutism.

In a nutshell, Trump is guy that punches back. Obama did it to Fox News often because they were critical of him. I'd argue Obama should have been happy most of the media kissed his ass. But no, Obama was always bothered Fox News existed and had opposing views to his ideology.

To the contrary, Trump has most of the media attacking him (because most of our media left wing), so he has many to attack back.

Fox News is the center of right wing ideology in the US. LeBron is a Basketball player. Good for Trump "fighting back", but for a guy who apparently is better and stronger than everyone else he sure feels threatened by a lot of things.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mr Puggsly said:

I agree its easier to become wealthy if you start wealthy. However, most people who become wealthy weren't welathy. Plenty of research has been done on this topic.

If you were earning say... $20,000-$30,000 a year, it is insanely difficult to have the disposable income in order to create appropriate investments in order to garner significant wealth.
But if you already had millions in the bank, you already have the disposable cash to invest and build wealth from.

That doesn't mean you cannot become wealthy from a low income... Or someone wealthy can become poor... It is just simply far easier for someone who started out with millions to build more wealth as they have larger financial buffers.

Mr Puggsly said:

Also, the joke about Trump was he was handed a million and he naturally turned that into billions. But most people don't or can't accomplish that. Certainly some credit is due.

Indeed. I am not discrediting his achievement, it is a pretty significant one, just merely framing it in an appropriate context.

Now... If he was someone who built ALL of that wealth from only a couple of bucks inside their parents Garage like a few other billionaires, then that is an even better achievement, wouldn't you think?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

vivster said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Fox News is the center of right wing ideology in the US. LeBron is a Basketball player. Good for Trump "fighting back", but for a guy who apparently is better and stronger than everyone else he sure feels threatened by a lot of things.

Fox News is essentially the only outlet for right wing views on TV. To left wingers, that's still too much right wing views on TV. Outside of that, its primarily radio and internet.

I don't know if its necessarily feeling threatened as not wanting to be attacked unfairly by the media. I always argue George W. Bush's legacy might be better if he actually attempted to defend himself, but he wasn't a great speaker either way. People listen to the media and maybe responding to its bullshit is the best tactic, overall it has worked well for Trump.

Recently Completed

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I agree its easier to become wealthy if you start wealthy. However, most people who become wealthy weren't welathy. Plenty of research has been done on this topic.

If you were earning say... $20,000-$30,000 a year, it is insanely difficult to have the disposable income in order to create appropriate investments in order to garner significant wealth.
But if you already had millions in the bank, you already have the disposable cash to invest and build wealth from.

That doesn't mean you cannot become wealthy from a low income... Or someone wealthy can become poor... It is just simply far easier for someone who started out with millions to build more wealth as they have larger financial buffers.

Mr Puggsly said:

Also, the joke about Trump was he was handed a million and he naturally turned that into billions. But most people don't or can't accomplish that. Certainly some credit is due.

Indeed. I am not discrediting his achievement, it is a pretty significant one, just merely framing it in an appropriate context.

Now... If he was someone who built ALL of that wealth from only a couple of bucks inside their parents Garage like a few other billionaires, then that is an even better achievement, wouldn't you think?

Well if your plan is to simply make $20-30K a year, then its going to difficult to parlay that into wealth I suppose. That's the idea of getting a skill and getting a good job, create opportunities.

I'm not arguing someone like Trump deserves more respect than someone built entirely from the ground up. But I respect anyone who takes something relatively small and builds something much bigger in general. Again, you can give most people a million and they won't do anything impressive with it.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:

Well if your plan is to simply make $20-30K a year, then its going to difficult to parlay that into wealth I suppose. That's the idea of getting a skill and getting a good job, create opportunities.

I'm not arguing someone like Trump deserves more respect than someone built entirely from the ground up. But I respect anyone who takes something relatively small and builds something much bigger in general. Again, you can give most people a million and they won't do anything impressive with it.

If I was only earning a paltry 30k a year... I would be changing careers, especially for how hard I work.
However, not everyone has the same opportunities.

And I do agree.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Mr Puggsly said:
vivster said:

Fox News is essentially the only outlet for right wing views on TV. To left wingers, that's still too much right wing views on TV. Outside of that, its primarily radio and internet.

I don't know if its necessarily feeling threatened as not wanting to be attacked unfairly by the media. I always argue George W. Bush's legacy might be better if he actually attempted to defend himself, but he wasn't a great speaker either way. People listen to the media and maybe responding to its bullshit is the best tactic, overall it has worked well for Trump.

If speaking out against the bullshit of the media worked then Fox News wouldn't exist anymore.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If speaking out against the bullshit of the media worked then Fox News wouldn't exist anymore.

Perhaps, but CNN and MSNBC have declined because the general consensus is they're bullshit and dedicate too much time to Trump bashing.

But we're way off topic.

Recently Completed

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If I was only earning a paltry 30k a year... I would be changing careers, especially for how hard I work.
However, not everyone has the same opportunities.

And I do agree.

Most people don't have great opportunities handed to them. Successful (people who live relatively comfortably) and unsuccessful people come from the same communities, schools, etc. Those who thrive generally just worked harder or made smarter choices in life.

I don't buy the liberal argument that there are simply too many barriers for healthy normal functioning people to thrive.

Recently Completed