By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Most Feelgood Shows of Today?

CaptainExplosion said:
Chris Hu said:
Never heard of those two shows but I'm thinking Young Sheldon, Fresh of the Boat and The Goldbergs would fit the category of feelgood shows and the upcoming show The Kids are Alright probably will fit that category also.

Never heard of The Kids are Alright being a television show. I only know of the song.

It a new show on ABC it doesn't premier until October the 16th but they are already running promos for it.

Around the Network
FentonCrackshell said:
Nothing says “feel good” like This Is Us. It’s a tear-jerker that I never know thought I’d like but I love it. Also, Fresh Off The Boat and Black-ish.

Black-ish isn't feel good a lot of the times since they tackle tough issues once in a while.  Plus you got the whole divorce sup plot now.  That being said I hope it makes it at least to another season despite a constant dip in ratings.  The show is really good and the entire cast is outstanding and they deserve to make some decent royalties once the show is done.

I liked The Middle, it was more family oriented but I think it was a feelgood show.

Well Black-ish will start its syndication in a couple of weeks so the cast will get some royalties. If it does really well in syndication it could actually help it get a sixth season despite declining ratings.

Three pages in and no mention of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? I didn't see Adventure Time or Gravity Falls, either. (Though I didn't actively look for the latter two)

But that's my pic. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the quintessential 'feel good' show. Most of you are linking 'comedies' or 'shows I like', whereas MLP is just a saccharine, simple, fun show that puts a smile on my face every time. It's not deep, it's not edgy, it's not dark or overtly mature (though they did once deal with the 5 stages of grief by making one of the main characters deal with the fact that her turtle friend was going into 'hibernation'. that was pretty mature if a little obscure).

Around the Network

My wife and I love Teen Titans Go

1doesnotsimply

COKTOE said:
Brooklyn Nine Nine is my pic. It has a slight edge to it, but it's very feelgood imo.

Noice. Smort.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

The Flash

Five episodes in The Kids Are Alright is a pretty good show. Also today's 100th episode of Black-ish which was a tribute episode to Prince was really good.