By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2018 NPD: PS4 #1 console, Mario Tennis Aces #1 software

animegaming said:
HollyGamer said:

They will have difficulty having all the third party games license. PS1 are famous for their 3rd party games. 

Nintendo manage to get third party games for both the NES and SNES classics.

Like I am sure Sony can convince them to put games like Crash, Tekken, MGS, and FFVII on it.

Exactly.  I'm sure with their recent partnerships Crash, Tekken, and FFVII are no brainers.  Not sure about Konami, though.  I would love to see Silent Hill, too.  Also, Sony has great 1st/2nd party offerings for the PS1.  Here's a few.

Alundra, Ape Escape, Arc the Lad, Blasto, Cool Boarders, Destruction Derby, Hot Shots Golf, Gran Turismo, Jet Moto, Kingsley's Adventure, MediEvil, MLB, Omega Boost, PaRappa the Rapper, Syphon Filter, The Legend of Dragoon, Twisted Metal, Warhawk, Wild Arms, and Wipeout.

@ OP

Guess that crossplay outrage wasn't quite as widespread as some thought.

Around the Network
StarDoor said: 
quickrick said:

It won't even break 230k, you can quote me on this. nobody is gonna go run out and buy a switch for fortnite when its been out on every platform for months, not to mention they look and play much better, plus sony won't even allow you to use your account on switch. 

It's always fun to see how quickly the narrative changes.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8835154

Quickrick done it again, pure gold. 

Miyamotoo said:
StarDoor said: 

It's always fun to see how quickly the narrative changes.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8835154

To be fair he and many others underestimated PS4 and XB1 too.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8844865

Farsala said:
Miyamotoo said:

To be fair he and many others underestimated PS4 and XB1 too.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8844865

The contradiction i see is that he said Fortnite would have no affect and now its one of the reasons why it was clear June was going to be a good month.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Hardware impressively up YoY.

NES classic still takes #1.  

Fuck yeah! 

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, my bad, but like I wrote, July will again be huge month for Switch, probably 300k+, and August will probably be also be YoY up. Last year July+August combined sold around 430k, this year we probable talking around 550k+.

june is always much bigger then july, 4 vs 5 weeks, and its just a stronger month even when comparing 4 weeks, then june had E3 for nintendo, a big promotion in gamestop with the amazing trade in deal, plus mario aces which was a heavy advertised game, and fortnite release on switch.

quickrick said: 

zorg1000 said: 

It did last quarter but they also mentioned that momentum has been increasing in each region since around E3 so looks like they might have a good summer.

We'll see i mean with out hard numbers this could mean anything, july is always gonna trend upward compared to april, may and june.

Another narrative inconsistency...?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=237141&page=2

I don't see Wolfenstein II in the Switch top... End of the line for the Bethesda-Nintendo alliance?

ryuzaki57 said:
I don't see Wolfenstein II in the Switch top... End of the line for the Bethesda-Nintendo alliance?

October 2017 (Wolfenstein II launch)

Xbox One

1. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  2. Assassin’s Creed: Origins
  3. Forza Motorsport 7
  4. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  5. NBA 2K18
  6. FIFA 18
  7. Destiny 2
  8. WWE 2K18
  9. Madden NFL 18
  10. Grand Theft Auto V

PlayStation 4

1. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  2. Assassin’s Creed: Origins
  3. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  4. NBA 2K18
  5. FIFA 18
  6. Gran Turismo Sport
  7. WWE 2K18
  8. Madden NFL 18
  9. Destiny 2
  10. The Evil Within 2

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

November 2017 (Month after Wolfenstein II launch)

PlayStation 4

1. Call of Duty: WWII
2. Star Wars: Battlefront II
3. Assassin’s Creed: Origins
4. NBA 2K18
5. Madden NFL 18
6. FIFA 18
7. Need for Speed: Payback
8. Destiny 2
9. Grand Theft Auto V
10. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus*

TNC launched October 27 so it seems it sold more in November. So not hard to imagine since Switch release was June 29 that it could show up in the July NPD.

CosmicSex said:
NES Classic is not a game console. It is in a category called Plug in Play. Counting it as a console is ridiculous. You can't buy games for it so its sales have no influence on game sales in the industry. What it is is a smart idea by Nintendo. What are the numbers btw?

Finally.... someone that gets what I am saying or my issue with the NESc.

You cannot buy games for it, you buy the box and thats it. Done. Finished. This is like buying a one of those old school hand held game things that allowed you move a car left and right dodging oncoming traffic.

I mean its a great ide by nintendo, but its not really doing anything to or for the industry as a whole.