By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch passes 19 Million Units Sold

Cerebralbore101 said:
zorg1000 said:

I know, its just that every single quarter someone says its sell through rather than shipped which usually causes a whole bunch of confusion.

And its sales to date for Nintendo since shipped=sold to the console manufacturer.

Shipped = Sold to the console manufacturer? Isn't Nintendo the console manufacturer? Not sure what you mean by that then. 

Yes you have that right, for Nintendo shipped=sold since they sell units to retailers.

On the other hand, this site tracks sales from retailers to consumers which is what Nintendo refers to as sell-through.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Anyway, this thread is a dupe. Here's the real thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=237141&page=1#

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

So this quarter, with only Labo and some ports, has done almost (4% below) the same quarter last year, which had Zelda just out the previous month, and Mario Kart 8, and Arms.. So this last result is actually impressive, considering that Nintendeo is holding for the most massive load ever seen in the VG history for Q3 2018.

Also : I still believe that the shortage in 2017 were a fake hype. My friend in France was telling me that the console was always easily available in big stores. In Japan maybe but on 2-3 weeks after launch ?...With a few pictures you can make believe everything.