By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EVO 2018 Thread (Aug 3rd-Aug 5th)

Why does Bayonetta exist, lmao.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:

Cause a lot of people thought it was a good idea to vote for her in the Smash Ballot

I am one of those people and I somewhat regret it

Ultrashroomz said:

Ask Platinum Games :P

Man that was a pretty fun and intense match to watch.

animegaming said:
Man that was a pretty fun and intense match to watch.

Some great stuff. Love seeing Duck Hunt duo hold their own against the best. 

Around the Network

Mr.E vs Nietono was also an instense and great match, but man I was rooting for Mr.E just cause he was maining Lucina.

Wow at that boo from the audience after Bayonetta's witch time.

mZuzek said:

Top players didn't watch this apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CShrU1MGkzA

Edit: for real though, that was some next level bullshit. Witch timed to escape grab with invincibility frames AND activated it on the banana... even I had no idea it activated with a banana on the floor, I assumed it was only when thrown. MVD just got robbed hard. I mean I was expecting loads of Bayonetta bullshit of course, but this was seriously embarassing to watch as a Smash 4 player.

If only this game didn't have her and Rosalina, it'd actually still be super hype.

I love Smash 4, but man watching this top 8 only makes hype for Ultimate just for the fact we can finally escape the bullshit of Smash 4's Bayonetta and Rosalina. 

People mad Bayonetta is so hot. Don't touch if you can't handle her.

mZuzek said:

Top players didn't watch this apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CShrU1MGkzA

Edit: for real though, that was some next level bullshit. Witch timed to escape grab with invincibility frames AND activated it on the banana... even I had no idea it activated with a banana on the floor, I assumed it was only when thrown. MVD just got robbed hard. I mean I was expecting loads of Bayonetta bullshit of course, but this was seriously embarassing to watch as a Smash 4 player.

If only this game didn't have her and Rosalina, it'd actually still be super hype.

The Witch Time from banana has happened before, even during pre-patch Bayo. Salem was using Witch Time around the banana against ZeRo in a regional back when Bayonetta was still new in the scene.

I'm one of probably very few (especially now, haha) who are ok with Bayonetta in the game, but I think Sakurai and his team are doing what they can to balance her more in Ultimate and those who have played her in the demo have reported the changes as such. Her concept as a combo is interesting but I can agree that it did go a bit too far and it was unfortunate that the patches didn't do enough in the long run for her Smash 4 iteration. She fell off after 1.1.6 came out, but steadily came back, including helping Salem win EVO 2017.