By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does GT not get any acclaim in mainstream media?

Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said:

Crazy that FIA would be demanding it....

When a lot of the early buyers were satisfied with the content then the free DLC is indeed bonus and deserve praise. How many of the FM5 DLCs were free?

FM5 had some free DLC and two free tracks but bringing that game up now it pointless since it have been delisted for almost a year already. 

So it's pointless to ask FMs that had low content and paid DLC when someone says that GTS free DLCs doesn't deserve any commendment because base game was bare?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Super Saiyan 4 is the best part of GT.

DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

FM5 had some free DLC and two free tracks but bringing that game up now it pointless since it have been delisted for almost a year already. 

So it's pointless to ask FMs that had low content and paid DLC when someone says that GTS free DLCs doesn't deserve any commendment because base game was bare?

Let's see FM5 took less then half the time to develop then GTS and still managed to launch with more cars and tracks and overall content.  On top of all that FM5 didn't remove a major feature that was present in all previous games.  GTS removed the ability to upgrade cars which was a major feature in all previous GT games.  If Forza would remove the ability to upgrade cars the game would face a major backlash and a giant drop in sales.  Also every Forza game since FM2 had some paid DLC, so the fact that FM5 had paid DLC was a surprise to no one.

Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said:

Let's see FM5 took less then half the time to develop then GTS and still managed to launch with more cars and tracks and overall content.  On top of all that FM5 didn't remove a major feature that was present in all previous games.  GTS removed the ability to upgrade cars which was a major feature in all previous GT games.  If Forza would remove the ability to upgrade cars the game would face a major backlash and a giant drop in sales.  Also every Forza game since FM2 had some paid DLC, so the fact that FM5 had paid DLC was a surprise to no one.

All I see are excuses to say GTS having free DLC is pointless while FM5 should be excused even if it had paid DLC... such double standard.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Maybe it gets overshadowed by the other great PS4 exclusives?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

All I see are excuses to say GTS having free DLC is pointless while FM5 should be excused even if it had paid DLC... such double standard.

Forza games get free DLC on  regular basis also.  So yeah GTS having free DLC isn't a big deal especially since most of that DLC has been content that appeared in previous games already.  Almost all the paid DLC in Forza games has been brand new content.  Also like I already mentioned earlier the paid DLC in Forza games is priced very reasonably and lower then paid DLC in other racing games and since it only has a four year live cycle its on sale on a semi regular basis. 

Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said:

Forza games get free DLC on  regular basis also.  So yeah GTS having free DLC isn't a big deal especially since most of that DLC has been content that appeared in previous games already.  Almost all the paid DLC in Forza games has been brand new content.  Also like I already mentioned earlier the paid DLC in Forza games is priced very reasonably and lower then paid DLC in other racing games and since it only has a four year live cycle its on sale on a semi regular basis. 

How would these content be content that appeared on previous game if we had stablished that those models were outdated and useless? Or have they just become relevant and just needed to be packed and uplodaded? If that was the case why small and steady dlcs instead of a paid gold version?

DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

How would these content be content that appeared on previous game if we had stablished that those models were outdated and useless? Or have they just become relevant and just needed to be packed and uplodaded? If that was the case why small and steady dlcs instead of a paid gold version?

If a car appeared in previous games its not new content.  FM7 brought back many cars from FM4 nobody considers those new content as matter of fact a lot of people bashed the game for bring back those cars instead of adding cars that weren't in any previous games.

Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said:

If a car appeared in previous games its not new content.  FM7 brought back many cars from FM4 nobody considers those new content as matter of fact a lot of people bashed the game for bring back those cars instead of adding cars that weren't in any previous games.

Sure same content PS2 and PS4 models...

I don't remember a single thread in VGC bashing FM7 for having cars that where in FM4.

DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

Sure same content PS2 and PS4 models...

I don't remember a single thread in VGC bashing FM7 for having cars that where in FM4.

Shhh dont burst his bubble.