By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever had your games stolen from you?

Have you ever had your games stolen from you? If yes, what was the closest dollar value?

Yes. $10 0 0%

Yes. $20 0 0%

Yes. $50 3 15.00%

Yes $100 2 10.00%

Yes $200 1 5.00%

Yes $300 1 5.00%

Yes $400 0 0%

Yes $500 0 0%

Yes over $500 4 20.00%

No, never. 9 45.00%

Total:20

Pokemon Platinum... Now it costs like $100 to get a new copy.

Around the Network

A guy (wasn't even a friend of mine, just a friend of my cousins) broke my Shadow Man PS1 disc, one of my favourites games of my childhood. Never had the opportunity to play it again.

EDIT: Now I'm trying to buy a copy on ebay

Last edited by AJNShelton - on 23 July 2018

Not a game but ingame items for Rocket League. Fell for a trade scammer that got into my account and sent my most expensive items to his own account. Psyonix refused to reverse the trade even though they admitted that it looked fraudulent.

If I had to guess I'd say those were items with a combined worth of at least $100. Not that I would sell my own items but that would've been the cost to get them back. I'm over it now and learned a few lessons along the way.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Never. My old friends were good people.

I made the mistake of lending out my Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction back in 7th or 8th grade. The guy I gave it to claimed that the disc got stuck in his CD-ROM and he couldn't retrieve it, to later on claim he had lost it. I got another copy, but ever lent out anything to this one ever again.

Otherwise, I've been incredibly anal about getting my games back from various people I had them lent out to.

Around the Network

I remember back during the days of Pokemon cards, my younger brother had made a trade with a close friend and received a Machoke (just a small trade, nothing special), but afterwards realized that the Machoke was a first edition. My brother's friend wanted a trade-back, but my brother declined. Weeks later the card disappeared; mind you, this wasn't a "big" deal card. A large number of the cards we had at the time were first editions, as this was near the beginning of the craze.

Fast-forward maybe a full year later, and my brother comes home from his friends house one day waving the Machoke in the air. He told me he saw it in his collection and took it.

LOD: MM N64

hence why i never had the heart to finish it lol.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Never. My old friends were good people.

Sometimes video games can turn a good man cold.

Traded Metro is Zero Mission for aome shotty Samurai Jack game on GBA with my friend. It was only supposed to be a short term switch but he never gave me back my Metroid. He will pay one day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

My friend stole my Final Fantasy X disc, but left the case there so i didn't find out for months that it was taken. xD