By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever had your games stolen from you?

Have you ever had your games stolen from you? If yes, what was the closest dollar value?

Yes. $10 0 0%

Yes. $20 0 0%

Yes. $50 3 15.00%

Yes $100 2 10.00%

Yes $200 1 5.00%

Yes $300 1 5.00%

Yes $400 0 0%

Yes $500 0 0%

Yes over $500 4 20.00%

No, never. 9 45.00%

Total:20

never stolen from, however, ive let people borrow games enough times to learn my lesson about letting other people use my stuff. had a friend once who borrowed a Pokemon game from me. when he returned it the master ball was used, all the post game events i was waiting to play were finished, and several of my main team pokemon had their movesets changed. he wasnt even trying to be a jerk when he did it, he was fully conscious of all his actions.

Around the Network
finalrpgfantasy said:

Out of curiosity,  are you still friend with Jason to this day?

OP,

My sister gave 3 "The Sims" games to a friend of hers, and she never gave them back.  I forgot about them until now.  The total cost of those games must've been $80.

Never saw him after he moved away.

Not sure, not that I can remember. But I have lost a few of my old NES games due to that people borrowed them way back and you didnt really care much about them and we all forgot about it...

A funny thing though when I started collecting NES games some 6 years ago I started talking with friends via facebook if they wanted to sell me their old games.. and I bought a collection of about 50 games and the funny thing is when I get home and unpack it all there are two games that are mine hah and I never lend him any games in the past:P

Cerebralbore101 said:
melbye said:
Yes, about 10 of my SNES-games were stolen, not sure how much they were worth but i assume more than$1000.

I'm guessing you owned Earthbound and Ninja Gaiden Trilogy as part of those ten games? Or you had SNES games that were CIB/Mint? Or just other insanely rare SNES games? Because I know, even the really good SNES games like Super Metroid go for about $50.

Norway was and is just really expensive.  A Link to the past was almost $100. The most expensive game i bought on SNES was $115

Not directly, but a lot of the loaned games haven't really returned home.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Shiken said:
Twice...kind of....

In high school I had a friend with sticky fingers. I caught him stealing my copy of Jet Force Gemini when I saw it in his room (and my OCD allowed me to notice a few distinct marks on the front sticker). I took it back but realized days later he actually took like 5 other N64 games including Turok 2 Seeds of Evil. At that point, he had already moved everything to his sister's house. I found them years later during the PS2 era so I can confirm he took them.

The second time was when I lost almost all if my games drom before PS3 during a bad break up from a toxic relationship. When I high tailed it out of there, I only took my PS3 and games. I was unable to get my N64, SNES, PS1, and PS2 back fromher however because she "moved" soon after I did and claimed they were still packed away. Said I would get them back...never did. I think that hurt worse than the break up TBH lol.

Should put a lawsuit...

That is a reason that unless for best friend or family my basic rule is I loan one and borrow one (basically reversible trade) instead of pure loan.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Mbolibombo said:
Not sure, not that I can remember. But I have lost a few of my old NES games due to that people borrowed them way back and you didnt really care much about them and we all forgot about it...

A funny thing though when I started collecting NES games some 6 years ago I started talking with friends via facebook if they wanted to sell me their old games.. and I bought a collection of about 50 games and the funny thing is when I get home and unpack it all there are two games that are mine hah and I never lend him any games in the past:P

And he could have borrowed from a friend who borrowed from you, or bought from that guy or stollen =p

My brother sold my copy of Twisted Metal Black to a friend for like $5, and some others that I didn't care much for. Didn't trust him with my games anymore, there is a reason we don't share accounts or consoles anymore.

i’m pretty sure my cousin stole tloz: the wind waker from me.

it’s never been confirmed, but i’m pretty sure he did.

Ka-pi96 said:
Yerm said:
never stolen from, however, ive let people borrow games enough times to learn my lesson about letting other people use my stuff. had a friend once who borrowed a Pokemon game from me. when he returned it the master ball was used, all the post game events i was waiting to play were finished, and several of my main team pokemon had their movesets changed. he wasnt even trying to be a jerk when he did it, he was fully conscious of all his actions.

Why would you lend somebody a game with only one save file though? That just sounds like a really bad idea, like he could have completely deleted your save in order to start his own even.

As for the topic, nope nobody has stolen any from me.

i knew him well enough to know he wouldnt do that. he was the type to rarely see the true value in a game. 90% of the time he would get his fill from using cheat codes or cheating devices to get the best stats, weapons, whatever each game had to offer, refusing to put any actual effort into anything. in games such as Minecraft or Terraria, he would often buy the game months after the rest of our friend group had and then just demand we give him a bunch of hand-me-down equipment instead of actually playing the game he had just spent money on. his motto was simple- "why would you want to work for it when you can just get it the easy way." of course he wasnt going to delete my save file, that would mean he would have to actually work to get to the point in the game i was at.