By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Disney fires 'Guardians of the Galaxy' director James Gunn over 'indefensible' old tweets

If anyone is wondering what intellectual juggernaut Mike Cernovich is up to now, he's trying to get Michael Ian Black fired for tweets about... pizza...
What a guy

Around the Network
Tulipanzo said:
Aeolus451 said:

1. The 10k plus things he said were pretty bad. Pedo jokes/"provocative" pedo comments.

2. He worked for Disney who provides entertainment to kids.

3. This is applying the left's own rulebook to itself and holding them to it.

4. By his own remarks about Rosanne, he agrees with Disney firing him for his posts in social media. 

1) The people purpotedly offended by this make rape jokes near constantly and are obsessed with imaginary pizza basements.
    P.S. I could find no reliable source for the 10k tweets. Seems to be pushed by PizzaGaters exclusively...
2) Disney hired him AFTER both the tweets, and the apology for said tweets. 
3) As I've already highlighted this is a pretty piss excuse, but it's worth noting that scouring for old tweets usually comes after the person behaviour and actions in the now.
    Nothing about Gunn's tenure under Disney would suggest those tweets to be relevant, or that people bringing them up have any issue with them. 
    It was an excuse to get a political opponent fired.
4) Roseanne made her openly racists remarks AFTER being hired, not before. Her entire tenure, past public history, and subsequent actions ("I thought the BITCH was white") would            suggest she was a liability. The tweets were an obvious manifestation of her actual problem, not some unrelated joke.

1. It's over the pedo jokes and pedo comments like "I like when little boys touch me in my silly place." or " "Eagle snatches a kid" is what I call it when I get lucky". It's 10k of similar tweets. Try looking harder. 

2. Disney likely wasn't aware of the tweets. Doesn't matter now. They were put into the spotlight now and businesses especially family oriented ones would fire him anyone over pedo comments when they became aware of it.

3. Lefties are always going after the jobs and sponsors of right leaning people just because they disagree. They have no ground to complain about one of their own getting fired over saying pedo jokes. Mike has gone after pedo activity before and yes, this was also politically motivated (again, lefties got no ground to bitch about that). Outrage mobs ain't such a good idea now are they?

4. That applies to this too. You could say these tweets are a manifestation of a well hidden side of him. A company will fire anyone for making old or new comments that are getting public attention that could damage their brand. End of story.

Tulipanzo said:
If anyone is wondering what intellectual juggernaut Mike Cernovich is up to now, he's trying to get Michael Ian Black fired for tweets about... pizza...

What a guy

Sure you want to defend Ian Black?

https://twitter.com/michaelianblack/status/311917244231864321?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Last edited by numberwang - on 22 July 2018

numberwang said:

Tulipanzo said:

What a guy

Oh, no! Not edgy jokes from 2012! How will we cope?

Anyway thanks for providing an example as to how right-wing dumbasses are trying to use context-less tweets to get people fired. 
inb4 "the Left does it too, MOM!"

Tulipanzo said:
numberwang said:

Oh, no! Not edgy jokes from 2012! How will we cope?

Anyway thanks for providing an example as to how right-wing dumbasses are trying to use context-less tweets to get people fired. 
inb4 "the Left does it too, MOM!"

You are fine with this?

He also writes children's books about naked boys:

https://i.redd.it/hq1c8isc1eb11.jpg

Last edited by numberwang - on 22 July 2018

Around the Network
Angelus said:
Bristow9091 said:
I've just read that Dave Bautista isn't happy about him being fired, and that there are petitions online to bring him back for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3... not that petitions do anything these days, thet're a dime a dozen lol, but the film will suffer and just won't be the same without him.

They'll probably just get Taika Waititi to replace him

Taika has said in interviews that he doesn't plan on making another big budget action movie any time soon. Sad, I know, since he's actually a great director even if you take out the gut-busting comedy! In fact, he's the only director I think could realistically handle Guardians 3, given his style and humour and heart. 

Aeolus451 said:

1. It's over the pedo jokes and pedo comments like "I like when little boys touch me in my silly place." or " "Eagle snatches a kid" is what I call it when I get lucky". It's 10k of similar tweets. Try looking harder. 

2. Disney likely wasn't aware of the tweets. Doesn't matter now. They were put into the spotlight now and businesses especially family oriented ones would fire him anyone over pedo comments when they became aware of it.

3. Lefties are always going after the jobs and sponsors of right leaning people just because they disagree. They have no ground to complain about one of their own getting fired over saying pedo jokes. Mike has gone after pedo activity before and yes, this was also politically motivated (again, lefties got no ground to bitch about that). Outrage mobs ain't such a good idea now are they?

4. That applies to this too. You could say these tweets are a manifestation of a well hidden side of him. A company will fire anyone for making old or new comments that are getting public attention that could damage their brand. End of story.

1) Again, I've only seen PizzaGaters repeat the 10k tweets thing... Unsourched... mmmm

2) There was a pretty public apology for those in 2012. In particular, again, there was no outrage over these tweets, it was a clear abuse of PR by people who couldn't give less of a toss. Nobody is asking why Disney did this, the problem is people trying to silence their political opponents by getting them fired.

3) You once again say "the thing is bad, but it's fine this time because it's somebody I don't like". Defending the hate mob while saying hate mobs are bad is maybe a little hypocritical...

p.s. Hilariously, excusing shooting up a pizzeria is "gone after pedo activity". No, he hasn't. He has tried to make up lies about everyone he doesn't like being a pedophile, endangering real lives in the process for political gain. 
This is an extension of that.

4) No, you're accusing somebody of being a pedophile based on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. This is little more than a smear campaign.

It's quite clear that the only way to defend this is to parrot the alt-right viewpoint. It shows how you don't actually care about the issues you purport to champion, as long as people you don't agree with shut up.

The Left can't recognize when someone is joking, it takes everything too seriously! Also, this guy obviously is a pedophile.
The Left goes after people just because they have differing opinions! Also, this guy should shut up about Trump.
The Left goes tries to silence people, and the Left is bad, crazy, and irresponsible for doing this. Also, we're doing it; but this time is fine. 

Last edited by Tulipanzo - on 22 July 2018

Seems like there is a higher bar for being a movie director than being president of the United States...😒

Tulipanzo said:
Aeolus451 said:

1) Again, I've only seen PizzaGaters repeat the 10k tweets thing... Unsourched... mmmm

2) There was a pretty public apology for those in 2012. In particular, again, there was no outrage over these tweets, it was a clear abuse of PR by people who couldn't give less of a toss. Nobody is asking why Disney did this, the problem is people trying to silence their political opponents by getting them fired.

3) You once again say "the thing is bad, but it's fine this time because it's somebody I don't like". Defending the hate mob while saying hate mobs are bad is maybe a little hypocritical...

p.s. Hilariously, excusing shooting up a pizzeria is "gone after pedo activity". No, he hasn't. He has tried to make up lies about everyone he doesn't like being a pedophile, endangering real lives in the process for political gain. 
This is an extension of that.

4) No, you're accusing somebody of being a pedophile based on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. This is little more than a smear campaign.

It's quite clear that the only way to defend this is to parrot the alt-right viewpoint. It shows how you don't actually care about the issues you purport to champion, as long as people you don't agree with shut up.
The Left did this, and the Left is bad, crazy, and irresponsible for doing this. Also, we're doing it; but this time is fine. 

1. Doesn't matter what you think. The info and tweets are out there. Put your head in the sand all you want.

2. Public apologies don't have to be accepted. Lefties invented it and use it all the time to deplatform people.

3. Lefties would just keep using underhanded tactics unless it's used on them. If they want to play dirty, let's play dirty until they agree to being nice. Want to go after people's jobs? Okay. Want to deplatform people from talking? Okay. Want to use social pressure to force companies to cave? Okay. Again, the left has no ground to bitch about this stuff being done back at them.

4. No, silly. I was showing the error in your logic. You're saying Roseanne is a racist because of what she said. Can't the same be said about that guy with his pedo comments?

That last bit just sounds like a banshee  screaming "SCREECH!" to me.

Dumb Disney they are really pathetic IMO