By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Update 6.00 Sign-Ups

Just a heads up:

Sony Interactive Entertainment has opened beta test sign-ups for PlayStation 4 system software update 6.00.

Interested users can register at the following links:

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Just signed up. I wonder how Sony picks the testers? I’m a fairly engaged PS user, so hopefully they’ll pick me because of that lol

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
Just signed up. I wonder how Sony picks the testers? I’m a fairly engaged PS user, so hopefully they’ll pick me because of that lol

I think they pick pretty much anyone who signs up.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Hope it brings something good!

Always exciting to see what's coming next

My Top 3

1. Upgraded Web Browser
2. Ability to Message in Quick Menu
3. Full access to Spotify Library via Quick Menu

Those are the three major things I dal with day to day. Broswer is falling out of date for a lot of sites. Have to leave what I'm doing anytime someone sends me a message. Have to leave what I'm doinv to change Songs/Albums.

Everything else works perfectly on both my PS4 and PS4 Pro.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
Tmfwang said:
DialgaMarine said:

I think they pick pretty much anyone who signs up.

Unfortunately i can confirm that this is not the case :(

KBG29 said:
Always exciting to see what's coming next

My Top 3

1. Upgraded Web Browser
2. Ability to Message in Quick Menu
3. Full access to Spotify Library via Quick Menu

Those are the three major things I dal with day to day. Broswer is falling out of date for a lot of sites. Have to leave what I'm doing anytime someone sends me a message. Have to leave what I'm doinv to change Songs/Albums.

Everything else works perfectly on both my PS4 and PS4 Pro.

I have personally given up on anything truly meaningful to be added to the OS. Like to me its clear that thats not something that sony is chasing. But if I could make a wishlist...

1. Allow global use of trackpad on controller. Absolutely shocking that they have an inbuilt trackpad in their controller and we can't use it to control the cursor in the browser. How could no one have thought about this?

2. Allow the installation and use of some android apps. Sony could take the amazon approach and have a section within their store where you can download some "modified" android apps. Like better media players and other Tv focused apps in general. They could literally treat this as a stand alone app which in truth just emulates and android enviroment for teh android apps to run in. We can dream right?

3. Bloody cache everything to the internal HDD. Does the PS store really have to redownload/repopulate everything everytime you open the app? They literally could set the darn thing to update once a day or twice a day and just store the images and sections of where you have been on in teh internal HDD.