By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 launch game lineup

shikamaru317 said:
DonFerrari said:

I was more thinking about 1st party titles.

Even first party wise I'd say most of those will be next-gen. PS5 is most likely coming Holiday 2020 same as Xbox Scarlett. Holiday 2020 is just right for Horizon 2, since the first released in 2017 and the sequel will likely be bigger. 2021 meanwhile is just right for God of War 5 since 4 released in 2018. GT7 is definitely next gen, Polyphony has already made it clear than this gen is all about GT Sport for them. TLOU 2 though is probably PS4, the game is already revealed at this point and has gameplay, so definitely PS4, might get a PS5 port in the first year like TLOU 1 did on PS4, but will definitely release on PS4 in either 2019 or early 2020. 

Which besides GT (for one we don't even know when we should expect a release since dp have had very strange pace) are all speculation. Só me saying they will release on ps4 or you being certain ps5 will be where it releases is about opinions. Stillconsidering the success sony got launching the late games on ps3 and later porting to ps4 I don't think all the list in op will get launch lineup for ps5 

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Knack 3. That's all you need.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:

Thetrilogy should be finished on ps4 to be the best ever released on a single system 

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Thetrilogy should be finished on ps4 to be the best ever released on a single system 

I need the holy trinity of games to cap off the greatest achievements of game video game system ever made. It should be the send off game for PS4

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Darwinianevolution said:

Too many big hitters. Unless they are all crossgen, they won't be able to make them all in time if they go full PS5. And then people will go "PS5 is too full of ports", just like with the PS4's launch.

And PS4 did just fine at launch regardless of those cries and had killzone, infamous, and littlebigplanet 3 within a year of launch

hes giving a fairly big window and for me other than elder scrolls 6 and horizon 2 I could see these happening by 2021 (I think PS5 will release in 2020)

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

Killzone Reboot.

They will all be cross gen. and I believe Sony wants to keep the PS4 base connected for many years. I would see PS5 more as a PS4 Ultra.

Not to spoil anyone's fun, but I have to ask people how we can speculate about what the launch titles will be for a system that hasn't even been announced yet.

Jaicee said:
Not to spoil anyone's fun, but I have to ask people how we can speculate about what the launch titles will be for a system that hasn't even been announced yet.

because its fun to dream and speculate about a passion of video games we share here. 

LiquorandGunFun said:

because its fun to dream and speculate about a passion of video games we share here. 

You're right, I'm sorry. It certainly hadn't been my intention to come across as anti-video games!

Being a lifelong gamer, I know how important respect for other people's gaming loves and quirks is, and I'm sorry that I wasn't as respectful as I should have been of this community in this instance. I like this community and I try to generally focus on being positive and affirming, but I'm all too human and sometimes can't help myself. Looking back, I just made a fool of myself. Again. That happens a lot. Again, I'm sorry!