By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 launch game lineup

I would say Sony should get at least two 1st party titles ready for launch and save the others for later. You want to have something between the Vita's launch lineup and the PS4's launch lineup in terms of quality and quantity. My guesses of what the PS5's launch titles will be are:

• Keiichiro Toyama's (Gravity Rush series) new title - Gravity Rush 2 was released in January 2017. A late 2020 launch will give Toyama nearly 4 years.
  • Gran Turismo 7 - GTS has provided a solid foundation and Kaz Yamauchi doesn't need to start from scratch nor switch to a different architecture.
  • Horizon 2 - A late 2020 launch will be over 3.5 years removed from Horizon's launch and 3 years removed from The Frozen Wilds' launch. I don't expect it to be out when the PS5 releases, but an early 2021 release date is likely, imo.

Around the Network

Horizon 2 on launch day, Gran Turismo 7 and God of War 2 within a year after launch. Also, assuming the PS5 has PS4 Backwards Compatibility all big PS4 exclusives should get a PS5 Enhanced patch to take advantage of the PS5's power. Bump up the resolution and framerate to 4K/60FPS if possible, and if there's still power left maybe some small graphical tweaks like better shadows and better draw distance could be added as well. PS4 games which launch close to the PS5 (Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us Part II and Death Stranding) should get the biggest PS5 Enhanced patches.

the only one i would say for sure is horizon zero dawn 2, as if ps5 will release 2020 it could fit perfect that timeframe

agree with a lot of what others have already said. if it's holiday 2020, Horizon 2 I think will be ready as the big launch game. Hopefully Sony give Polyphony a kick up the arse and they will have GT7 (with a proper campaign) early 2021. I think there will then be a Japan Studio game and God of War 2 as the big 2021 game.

my less realistic hopes are that Bloodborne 2 has been greenlit and might be in pre-production or early production, and likewise, Fumito Ueda's new game at Gen Design will be a PS5 exclusive and launch year game.

I'll cut my left hand off is ESVI turns out to be a launch title.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

Too many big hitters. Unless they are all crossgen, they won't be able to make them all in time if they go full PS5. And then people will go "PS5 is too full of ports", just like with the PS4's launch.

lol what. Sony has been a AAA factory pumping out around 3 AAA titles every year. You think they couldn't plan for their next console release and at least pump out 2-3 AAAs for it?? 

Assuming the next generation begins in holiday 2020, I think your games would release like this:

Horizon 2 (Launch Title, Holiday 2020)
God of War 5 (Either a summer release or a holiday 2021 release)
The Last of Us 2 (I honestly can't tell if this is going to be a cross-platform release or if it's going to be """remastered""")
Cyberpunk 2077 (2021)
Elder Scrolls 6 (2022)
Starfield (?????)
Gran Turismo (I don't even want to guess, but I could see it being a first year title actually ... Gran Turismo 6 launched very late on PS3 to the point it should have just been on PS4, and I think since we don't know of any other GT title, it might be possible they are gearing up for PS5 and won't make the same mistake again)

Drakrami said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Too many big hitters. Unless they are all crossgen, they won't be able to make them all in time if they go full PS5. And then people will go "PS5 is too full of ports", just like with the PS4's launch.

lol what. Sony has been a AAA factory pumping out around 3 AAA titles every year. You think they couldn't plan for their next console release and at least pump out 2-3 AAAs for it?? 

I'm not saying they couldn't do that, I'm saying they won't waste the chance of selling their games on two different consoles.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Seems like a lot of heavy hitters for year 1. I can see Horizon coming within the first year and God of War being a year 2 game. Doubt Starfield and Elder Scrolls will be released within 365 days of each other. As for Cyberpunk 2077, maybe

shikamaru317 said:
DonFerrari said:
Won't think about it for the moment and the games you put shall be ps4

Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield were already confirmed next-gen by Bethesda.

I was more thinking about 1st party titles.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."