By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 30 June 2018

raulbalarezo said:
I can only imagine the ps4 numbers when Spider-Man, RDR2, Battlefield V and Black Ops IIII arrive

It will be a delirium !   PS4 will pass 120M by the end of its lify cycle. Mark my words.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Man, can't believe will need to wait until August 21th before the correction of these numbers.

The correction will come july 30 when nintendo releases Q1 numbers. most likely over tracked by a million.

Nate4Drake said:
raulbalarezo said:
I can only imagine the ps4 numbers when Spider-Man, RDR2, Battlefield V and Black Ops IIII arrive

It will be a delirium !   PS4 will pass 120M by the end of its lify cycle. Mark my words.

Why are we marking your words, isnt 120m a pretty common prediction for it?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

quickrick said:
Mar1217 said:
Man, can't believe will need to wait until August 21th before the correction of these numbers.

The correction will come july 30 when nintendo releases Q1 numbers. most likely over tracked by a million.

Nintendo is right to provide overtracked shipped unit which can be 15% higher than the tracking of VGCHARTZ.

Everything that a console maker ships can be considered as "SOLD". Can you find in new condition today a SNES or a Dreamcast ? no.

Amnesia said:
quickrick said:

Nintendo is right to provide overtracked shipped unit which can be 15% higher than the tracking of VGCHARTZ.

Everything that a console maker ships can be considered as "SOLD". Can you find in new condition today a SNES or a Dreamcast ? no.

While I do not think he is correct about the Switch being over tracked by a million. Doesn't everyone know that Nin gives shipped numbers anyway? I mean everyone here know the difference between shipped and sold by now I am sure. SO I am confused as to what you mean by your statement. We know shipped is considered "sold" for them to stores not to consumers though.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

VGCHARTZ takes the time to gather accurate numbers of SOLD, which we like. Nintendo says what they SHIPPED, it means that they got the cash already, and they are right to not care about how many among these shipped are already into the hands of the customers...Except garbage systems like the PS1* and PS2*, 100% of the shipped consoles from 100% of the consoles makers has been picked up by a possessor. I have bought my JAGUAR maybe 4 years after its era, in a big toy shop in France which doesn't exist anymore. I payed it a discount price and it was new. Do you know the value of the JAGUAR today ?

*Even for these machines today many would fight to buy it at a much higher price than the original price of 1995 and 2001.

Amnesia said:

VGCHARTZ takes the time to gather accurate numbers of SOLD, which we like. Nintendo says what they SHIPPED, it means that they got the cash already, and they are right to not care about how many among these shipped are already into the hands of the customers...Except garbage systems like the PS1* and PS2*, 100% of the shipped consoles from 100% of the consoles makers has been picked up by a possessor. I have bought my JAGUAR maybe 4 years after its era, in a big toy shop in France which doesn't exist anymore. I payed it a discount price and it was new. Do you know the value of the JAGUAR today ?

*Even for these machines today many would fight to buy it at a much higher price than the original price of 1995 and 2001.

Of course they care, the more they sell through the higher the shipments will be.

Amnesia said:

The bolded part of your post makes no sense why would a company not care about how much of their shipments are in the hands of consumers? Wouldn't that help determine the demand for their product and also help them determine how much more to produce and ship? EVERY single company cares about how much of their product is in the hands of consumers....come on now be serious lol.

Also why are the PS1 and PS2 the exceptions on not having 100% of their shipped consoles picked up by a "possessor"? And how do you know that about them to say that and say every other console has sold 100% of everything?

And yes I know the value of a JAGUAR today heck I still have mine. But what does that have to do with the post at hand lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Just added these numbers to my thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234574

I have no idea that switch is being outsold by PS4 every month.

My friend who is a Nintendo fanboy tells everyone that Nintendo exclusive games are always sold out everywhere!!! And he says that the whole world owns a switch!!!