By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict Pokemon Let's Go Sales.

 

How Much Do you Think Pokemon Let's Go will sell first week?

Less than 1 million 1 1.69%
 
1-1.5 million 1 1.69%
 
1.5-2 million 9 15.25%
 
2-2.5 million 8 13.56%
 
2.5-3 million 10 16.95%
 
3-3.5 million 9 15.25%
 
3.5-4 million 6 10.17%
 
4-4.5 million 3 5.08%
 
4.5-5 million 1 1.69%
 
More than 5 million 11 18.64%
 
Total:59

I think 10 mil will be the minimum but after that it is hard to tell.

As many have stated, the next mainline game lands next year and could stop lets go in its tracks. Lets Go is a remake of yellow, so I can see it selling very well while people wait for the next one. After that though, it depends on how many casuals pick it up.  I mean that is clearly the reason they included Pokemon GO mechanics in the game, so who knows.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Seems like there is some backlash against these games as of late. A lot of longtime fans taking issue with the catching mechanics, gyms, and lack of wild battles. Seems a lot of hardcore fans will be skipping this one, maybe sales won't be as high as we think??



PortisheadBiscuit said:
Seems like there is some backlash against these games as of late. A lot of longtime fans taking issue with the catching mechanics, gyms, and lack of wild battles. Seems a lot of hardcore fans will be skipping this one, maybe sales won't be as high as we think??

Depends I guess. How much of the fanbase are hardcore fans? Yes, its the internet, but can you trust that that many longtime fans on the internet are NOT gonna buy the game?



This game is wild card, it can sell good, great or incredible, its aiming for wider audience than typical Pokemon game, so even if some core Pokemon fans dont buy it (most of them will buy it in any case) casuals or people that never before played Pokemon will buy it also and offcourse some of Pokemon Go players, also because of that this game can keep selling even after core Pokemon is out next year, and strong Nintendo IPs are generaly selling great and better on Switch than on some past consoles.

With all that on mind IMO everything between LT 10m and 20m+ is possible, and I will go with, 3.5m FW, 9m 2018. and 15m+ LT.



FW: 2.5mil
LT: 10mil



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
This game is wild card, it can sell good, great or incredible, its aiming for wider audience than typical Pokemon game, so even if some core Pokemon fans dont buy it (most of them will buy it in any case) casuals or people that never before played Pokemon will buy it also and offcourse some of Pokemon Go players, also because of that this game can keep selling even after core Pokemon is out next year, and strong Nintendo IPs are generaly selling great and better on Switch than on some past consoles.

With all that on mind IMO everything between LT 10m and 20m+ is possible, and I will go with, 3.5m FW, 9m 2018. and 15m+ LT.

Initially I thought the game would sell above 10-12m lifetime, but now with the backlash I'm thinking it'll sell more like Emerald, Crystal, Platinum etc;  



It is another Kanto remake. This is their 2nd one. I don't expect higher than usual numbers. So 10 million Lifetime. Then again this is the first time they are making a game made for the Pokemon Go crowd so it could be bigger. I bet not.



Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems!

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I think 2m FW and 8m LT would be my guess.



Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

1.8 million. I see it as a spinoff and expect mediocre reviews so i'd be surprised if it keeps pace with any recent mainstream games.



PortisheadBiscuit said:
Miyamotoo said:
This game is wild card, it can sell good, great or incredible, its aiming for wider audience than typical Pokemon game, so even if some core Pokemon fans dont buy it (most of them will buy it in any case) casuals or people that never before played Pokemon will buy it also and offcourse some of Pokemon Go players, also because of that this game can keep selling even after core Pokemon is out next year, and strong Nintendo IPs are generaly selling great and better on Switch than on some past consoles.

With all that on mind IMO everything between LT 10m and 20m+ is possible, and I will go with, 3.5m FW, 9m 2018. and 15m+ LT.

Initially I thought the game would sell above 10-12m lifetime, but now with the backlash I'm thinking it'll sell more like Emerald, Crystal, Platinum etc;  

There is some backlash only because fans wanted core game this year and they didnt expected this, but that doesn't mean that plenty of them want buy this game game in any case or that this game cant sell well, especially because primary target audience for this game don't post on forums, for instance reveal trailer has 291k likes and 29k dislakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRtpMKLsts

I think that even in for case game will hit 10m+.