By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Its been 3 years since Satoru Iwata died.

He was a great man, and his death a great loss for Nintendo and the whole gaming community.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Feels like it was just a couple of months ago, you will not be forgotten and your creations.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

He's still deeply missed.

Iwata was awesome, even though i didn't agree with everything he did. He was a pioneer in many ways, especially by not hiding in the shadows but being the face of Nintendo

Iwata is my hero.  I don't know anyone else in the industry that cares about gaming more than he did.  It took a lot of courage to make the decisions that he did.  The DS, Wii, 3DS, Wii U and Switch were all risky and sometimes controversial devices.  Some of these risks paid off a lot more than others did, but he was always causing Nintendo to make bold moves in order to advance gaming and bring more people in.  I still like to watch some of the videos about him like the "heart of the gamer" speech. 

I really can't believe that it has already been three years.  He will be missed.  RIP Iwata.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
melbye said:
Iwata was awesome, even though i didn't agree with everything he did. He was a pioneer in many ways, especially by not hiding in the shadows but being the face of Nintendo

He was the face of Nintendo, besides Miyamoto and Reggie, but I like the new direction they are going. Other than that cardboard thing that barely sold. Still trying to get rid of my shipment of them.

They very cleverly made it out of cardboard though, so you can burn it easily.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Seeing the Star Fox picture reminds me.

Breath of the Wild also has great tribute. Probably, not as blatant as the SF reference and I know it could just mean something else related to Japanese/Buddhist culture, but I choose to believe the creators wove that story together in a sweet tribute to Iwata.

There’s the Satori Mountain east of the field and east of the horse statue (which is definitely Epona by the way), with an NPC that has an uncanny resemblance to Iwata near it, and on top of it there’s a creature called Lord of the Mountain. Which is already fitting. It’s rare to see it, but if you can make a picture of it the description reads the following;

“ This noble creature watches over all animals that make their homes in the forest. Legends say this holy creature is a reincarnation of a sage that died on the lands it now protects. It has an acute awareness of its surroundings, so it seldom appears before people. It's sometimes known by its other name, Satori. “

I got kind of sad reading that for the first time.

S.Peelman said:
Seeing the Star Fox picture reminds me.

Breath of the Wild also has great tribute. Probably, not as blatant as the SF reference and I know it could just mean something else related to Japanese/Buddhist culture, but I choose to believe the creators wove that story together in a sweet tribute to Iwata.

There’s the Satori Mountain east of the field and east of the horse statue (which is definitely Epona by the way), with an NPC that has an uncanny resemblance to Iwata near it, and on top of it there’s a creature called Lord of the Mountain. Which is already fitting. It’s rare to see it, but if you can make a picture of it the description reads the following;

“ This noble creature watches over all animals that make their homes in the forest. Legends say this holy creature is a reincarnation of a sage that died on the lands it now protects. It has an acute awareness of its surroundings, so it seldom appears before people. It's sometimes known by its other name, Satori. “

I got kind of sad reading that for the first time.

He is pretty cool to encounter in the wilds.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive