By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Russia Tweet

In the top left corner is the image from the PS Russia tweet with a Pro and an X beside it with the phrase "get ready" apparently. While this could potentially mean a lot of things, or maybe even nothing at all, would PS really launch another late gen upgrade for the PS4 ecosystem? 

Here are what I see as hints:

-The X to mark the spot where another console should be, as well as maybe to relate to the XB1X

-The positioning of the Pro like how it was unveiled beside the PS4 and how it sits higher to show dominance like the X does

-The image resembles an atom, so you have the electrons on the outer rings and the Pro/protons inside but the New/neutrons are missing (X)

Is PS getting ready to 'drop the bomb'?

Around the Network

Source?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

new PS hardware comeing? what?

nevermind.... All this comes from that one image? (the blue one)
This seems like alot of speculation based on a single image.

*edit2:  apparently theres 4 pictures, one for each of the playstation button icons.
This is way overblown, its not hardware related.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 10 July 2018

Darwinianevolution said:
Source?

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/07/for_some_mad_reason_people_think_this_playstation_russia_tweet_is_teasing_ps5

pushsquare.com is calling OP mad. Reported.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Was expecting something World Cup related since it was Russia. Now I'm disappointed

Similarly, I was expecting something related to the ongoing investigation into the 2016 U.S. presidential election by Robert Mueller and was disappointed by the lack of a punch line. Tsk tsk.

Jaicee said:

Similarly, I was expecting something related to the ongoing investigation into the 2016 U.S. presidential election by Robert Mueller and was disappointed by the lack of a punch line. Tsk tsk.

more conclusion found here than in that investigation, even with spies in the election its been 2 years and still cant show nothing but to jail manafort in solitary even before a trail? sounds like a brownshirt operation now. mueller has no credibility with 14 clinton and Obama lawyers. not to mention the AG report. keep on hoping.

on topic, this is making me think that maybe sony will release a pro slim or a new ps4 that is on par or beyond the x1x. pushing the theory that the ps5 will be out in 2021.

or this could just be the ps5, but why russia?

I don't think they will release a more powerful ps4 but I do think they will launch a ps4 super slim and a ps4 Pro slim. The ps4 should keep selling for 2 years after the ps5 releases, especially in emerging markets so that would be 4 to 5 years of worth for it. I think Sony should do it and eventually sell a digital only version with no HDD for as cheap a price as possible.

If anything at all we’ll get a PS4 Pro slim with a price drop. I expect it at PSX.

JRPGfan said:

new PS hardware comeing? what?

nevermind.... All this comes from that one image? (the blue one)
This seems like alot of speculation based on a single image.

*edit2:  apparently theres 4 pictures, one for each of the playstation button icons.
This is way overblown, its not hardware related.

Didn't see those. I did Google translate for the more recent image and came up with this:

"Have you already evaluated the work of our designers? Now it's your turn to create PlayStation stickers! You can send your variants to Vkontakte and win one of 3 prizes: PlayStation4 Slim console, Plantronics RIG 4VR and RIG 100HS headsets."

I was soooooo close

vivster said:
pushsquare.com is calling OP mad. Reported.

Na, they said the people who thought it meant PS5 were mad or had brain damage. My PS4 Pro X guess is merely Alice in Wonderland imaginative...

Hiku said:

Pretty sure I recall Sony saying that Pro would be the one and only mid gen refresh they'd release for PS4.
While they could go back on their word, I don't expect they will.

Maybe X is referring to "Cross", as it commonly is in Japanese.

Technically they wouldn't be lying. Pro would be the only mid gen upgrade, and Pro X would be the only late gen upgrade. They could even drop the Pro as is but keep the shell design and name and just stuff more performance into the Pro X. I also thought something to do with cross play with all the uproar lately, but assumed that was less likely. Based on the newest tweets, looks like I may have been a little off on my search for truth. lol.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 10 July 2018