By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New World Record: Mario 64 beaten in 6 minutes 41 seconds

I don't get people complaining about speedruns like this. That's why there are multiple different categories to run, each with their own set of rules. The 0-star run clearly takes a massive amount of practice and skill to do, so I don't see how it would be invalid simply because it's done using glitches. A game can be run in different ways, and none of the 5 categories for SM64 are less worthy than the others.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
I don't personally acknowledge speedruns if they use glitches.

This. I also don't acknowledge sports records in football if they pick up the ball with their hands and throw into the goal. I mean, sure, they can physically do it, but the rules of the game are pretty clear.

Medisti said:
bananaking21 said:
I don't personally acknowledge speedruns if they use glitches.

This. I also don't acknowledge sports records in football if they pick up the ball with their hands and throw into the goal. I mean, sure, they can physically do it, but the rules of the game are pretty clear.

The's nothing wrong with using glitches because the are many categories for speed running, for those complaining about glitches Smash Bros. Melee's entire competitive scene is built around them.

Wyrdness said:
Medisti said:

The's nothing wrong with using glitches because the are many categories for speed running, for those complaining about glitches Smash Bros. Melee's entire competitive scene is built around them.

Well, considering I don't like Melee because of the glitches, I'd say I'm consistent at least, lol. But people can play games however they want. That's kind of the point. I just won't recognize records