By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

SC2 was incredible.

I really wish the series didn't lean so hard into anime like aesthetics from SC3 onwards. I love anime, but I felt it just ruined the game for me. Never touched a SC since 3.

Around the Network
twintail said:

SC2 was incredible.

I really wish the series didn't lean so hard into anime like aesthetics from SC3 onwards. I love anime, but I felt it just ruined the game for me. Never touched a SC since 3.

I'm fine with the design.

What turned me off from getting Soulcalibur 3 was the memory card glitch that erased saved files on PS2 - so I fell off the series until Soulcalibur broken destiny on PSP.

Valkyrie Elysium got a free DLC update to play as Hilga in her own story. I only played for a few fights as it seems short. This will be fun when to tide me over until Evil West/Gungrave GORE come out.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

DonFerrari said:
Kyuu said:

Soul Blade was more advanced than even Tekken 3 in some respects, like facial animations, voice acting, and dynamic environments. I adored this game and it still stands as my favorite in the series. The opening is *chef's kiss* timeless, the GOAT in my book.

I'm not a Nintendo fan, but I will tell you I loved Soul Calibur on GC with link and all =p at the time I thought it was a Nintendo franchise, much later I discovered it launching on PS as well, at the time I was playing SC I was really jealous (thankfully my friend and neighbor owned it so I played in his house frequently).

SC2 (Heihachi Edition :P) was the last one I owned, and SC3 the last I played/borrowed. Loved Soul Blade through and through. I really liked SC1 and 2 as well, unlocking galleries was pretty damn cool, but overall they didn't scratch the same itch for me as Soul Edge/Blade, I put countless hours into it trying to discover/unlock stuff and enjoying Edge Master mode. My wild imagination had me hoping the demon Taki fights in the opening is unlockable or something lol, little-big-things like that just kept me coming back. May just be me and my circle of friends but... back then, thanks to the absence of the internet and Youtube, gaming felt more intimate, mysterious, and immersive.

BasilZero said:
Kyuu said:

Soul Blade was more advanced than even Tekken 3 in some respects, like facial animations, voice acting, and dynamic environments. I adored this game and it still stands as my favorite in the series. The opening is *chef's kiss* timeless, the GOAT in my book.

Yeah, I was pretty impressed especially after playing Tekken 1/2 in the last few years.

And yes, that opening intro, the video and song, its unskippable lol.

Myself and my brother were first introduced to Soul Blade via the demo disc included with the PS1. We immediately fell in love, and felt sort of attached to every character lol.

Leynos said:

Valkyrie Elysium got a free DLC update to play as Hilga in her own story. I only played for a few fights as it seems short. This will be fun when to tide me over until Evil West/Gungrave GORE come out.

I was going to get it on Steam but I'm already hearing complaints about stutter. I'll wait a few more months and hope for future patches to further improve the game. Might get it on PS5 by then.

Kyuu said:

I was going to get it on Steam but I'm already hearing complaints about stutter. I'll wait a few more months and hope for future patches to further improve the game. Might get it on PS5 by then.

I wouldnt buy a SE game day 1 or year 1 on Steam as much as I want more to come, some of the games are half assed in terms of performance.

I'd wait for it to be cheaper, by that time hopefully they'll release a patch.

Also sucks that the Steam version lacks the release of Profile, at the least I can buy Profile separately on my PS4.

Around the Network

I'm at 65% at Horizon and I'm guessing to be at maybe 75-80% of story mode. I'm progressing slowly, my masters is consuming almost all my free time

Finally reached the art gallery scene. I loved the very touchy and sensitive remarks about other human crafts such as painting and sculpture, it's not that common to see developers recognizing the importance of classical arts

Overall the game is fantastic, but I'm pretty annoyed I'm stuck at level 50 now. I want to get stronger go Berserk and destroy everything in front of me, what's the point of getting experience if I can't reach level 100? I'm taking quite a time to loot machine parts to upgrade my weapons and gear, the nice plus is the myriad of quests and the massive amount of machines in the map is rarely requiring me to hunt any Machine, I find most of the parts I need just casually fighting them

IcaroRibeiro said:

I'm at 65% at Horizon and I'm guessing to be at maybe 75-80% of story mode. I'm progressing slowly, my masters is consuming almost all my free time

Finally reached the art gallery scene. I loved the very touchy and sensitive remarks about other human crafts such as painting and sculpture, it's not that common to see developers recognizing the importance of classical arts

Overall the game is fantastic, but I'm pretty annoyed I'm stuck at level 50 now. I want to get stronger go Berserk and destroy everything in front of me, what's the point of getting experience if I can't reach level 100? I'm taking quite a time to loot machine parts to upgrade my weapons and gear, the nice plus is the myriad of quests and the massive amount of machines in the map is rarely requiring me to hunt any Machine, I find most of the parts I need just casually fighting them

Edit: NVM  - I didnt realize what thread I was posting in.

I need to play the first game, I got it on both PS4 and PC lol

Game of the Year nominees for The Game Awards are

- A Plague Tale: Requiem
- Elden Ring
- God of War Ragnarok
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Stray
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Blood_Tears said:

- Elden Ring
- God of War Ragnarok
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Stray
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3

I saw! Really happy to see God of War, Horizon, and Stray on there. I still think Elden Ring is going to win but I'd be happy with literally any of these choices. They're all so damn good in their own way! 

My ranking: Elden Ring > Ragnarok > Forbidden West > Stray > A Plague Tale Requiem > Xenoblade Chronicles 3

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Blood_Tears said:

- Elden Ring
- God of War Ragnarok
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Stray
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3

I saw! Really happy to see God of War, Horizon, and Stray on there. I still think Elden Ring is going to win but I'd be happy with literally any of these choices. They're all so damn good in their own way! 

My ranking: Elden Ring > Ragnarok > Forbidden West > Stray > A Plague Tale Requiem > Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Not a bad nominee list. Though it goes to show how slow it has been this year for quality games. And I'm surprised Bayonetta 3 didn't make it on there. I guess its one of those niche games with a smaller audience in terms of popularity.

For me, granted I've only played and completed ER and Ragnarok. That's how I would rank them as well. Elden Ring was just amazing from start to finish. My game of the generation, thus far.