By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

zero129 said:
Runa216 said:

The Sonic being better than God of War/Elden Ring people were delusional sonic fans. 

The "Sony games play themselves" nonsense was exclusively coming from Xbox fan accounts on twitter. I'm just not allowed to callout fanboy nonsense on this forum because the F-word gets me banned. But seriously, I can't even go on twitter without seeing this absurdity, it's prevalent and the people who push it are so aggressive about it. I block 90% of them but there's always more. even when I just say something like 'man God of war was so good', I get 'what part about it? the part where you watch a movie for 40 hours? nah, pass'. Or 'that hand-holdy game that does everything for you? No, I'll play a real game'. Or what about the lovely 'oh, that game nobody's talking about less than a month after release? I'll go play Halo Infinite, because a year later it's still relevant'

All three of those are actual arguments people had with me on twitter. Actual points people made trying to devalue what god of War has done and is doing. all absolutely absurd, and shit like that is the reason I get so angry about this console war nonsense. They have no arguments so they make them up based on nothing or their own twisted logic. 

Correcting them on their false claims and clownish discourse is so exhausting. 

Maybe your interacting with the wrong people on twitter?.

In my defense I'm not actively TRYING to interact with these people. I see a post, I comment on it, and I have people dogpiling me with absurd nonsense masquerading as facts. And, since I'm a person who cares deeply about reality and people not being 'wrong' about something, I always feel compelled to correct them. 

So when people say 'sony games are all the same', that's just a factually wrong comment. I have to correct it. 

When people say 'All sony games play themselves', I have to correct it because that's just wrong from top to bottom. 

When people say most things, I don't argue with them over opinions, I argue with them because they're wrong. Happens in gaming discussions, happens in politics a lot, happens a lot with the covid and vaccine stuff. I don't often feel the need to comment when someone states an actual opinion, I comment when people are presenting their opinions as facts and those 'facts' are wrong. Or the 'facts' they use to come to their opinions are wrong. Or if they misunderstand something. Or they're completely isolating facts devoid of context and that context is important so they're misrepresenting what the facts actually mean. 

I get so angry because this high school debate team nonsense is actively destroying the ability to have a civil or rational conversation. 

Like take this whole debacle with the Activision-Blizzard acquisition. I have my opinions on it, based on my experiences and what i've seen over the past 20 or so years, but my opinion on the matter is not going to affect what the law does or does not state in the end. I do think it's bad, but not because of the monopoly aspect but because I believe Microsoft should be investing that money in making new games instead of buying existing games. that's my opinion. It has no bearing on whether or not the end result in the court of law. And some people are out there slinging nonsense about it like they know what they're talking about and it's just maddening. 

Same thing with Sony increasing prices on first party games. Same thing with the economics and cultural impact of releasing games like Horizon and god of War on PS4 as well as PS5. So many of the arguments surrounding these decisions are presented like they're in a vacuum, completely disregarding outside factors that were instrumental in making those decisions. Same thing with Microsoft owning Bethesda. They absolutely do need to make Bethesda games Xbox exclusive. THATS WHY YOU BUY IP. the only argument I'd make is like, explicitly with Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI, which were both announced to be coming to PS5 before the acquisition. All games after that? ABSOLUTELY. That's where a lot of the ire comes from. Not that Microsoft is making their games, but that they're taking games away from the competition. and that's also where I imagine a lot of the ire revolving around the Activision-Blizzard acquisition comes from. 

And yes I know I'll hear the same old 'but how is this different from Sony paying Square-Enix to make Final Fantasy exclusive?'. And I really don't feel like explaining how it could be that a first party company investing in a third party developer to put a game on their system isn't the same as buying the IP and taking it away. Final Fantasy was PS exclusive (and at one point Nintendo exclusive) before Xbox was a thing. These are not the same situations. (As one example.) Plus Sony is a Japanese company and Square-Enix games tend to not sell all that great on Xbox anyway. Not the point of the topic I suppose but my point is that the courses of action taken by Sony and Microsoft in these two examples is not the same from a fundamental or business perspective and I am really getting sick of people acting like they are so they can paint 'the enemy' (whoever that may be) in a bad light or like they're hypocrites or whiny babies. They're not the same. Similar on a base level but with vastly different historical context surrounding them. (And for the record given history I think Microsoft owning Bethesda and their subsidaries is a great fit and a good thing; sucks as a PS player but I get it. Hence why I want all three. Elder Scrolls VI and Starfield being Xbox exclusive is what convinced me to pick up a Series X, after all!) 

I mostly just have a huge problem with people misrepresenting the data or misinterpreting the facts. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Dropping some TGA predictions for the hell of it (and to look cool if I'm right). Here we go:

-Half-Life: Alyx PSVR2 official announcement
-Astro Bot: Rescue Mission PSVR2 port
-Pixelopus' new game
-Horizon: Forbidden West expansion
-Bend Studios' new game

Returnal announced for PC, early 2023

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 08 December 2022

The Last Of Us Part 1 coming to PC in March 2023.

I'll get TLoU if the price is right or a sale, but what are some thoughts of Returnal?

Around the Network

Super hyped for FFXVI

Its coming in June 2023 for PS5.

End of trailer shows not coming to other platforms until after 12/31/2023.

I'll get it on PS5 first - hopefully we'll get a new model/sku for PS5 next year like the rumors say.

BasilZero said:

I just wishlisted it on Steam! Oddly, the game is $60 lol. I was fully expecting it to be $70 since it's just 6 months after release.

gtotheunit91 said:
BasilZero said:

I just wishlisted it on Steam! Oddly, the game is $60 lol. I was fully expecting it to be $70 since it's just 6 months after release.

Same

Oh, that was just the #4Theplayers Tax

jk

I'm sure the game will be cheaper on PS5 when the PC ver appears (also dont buy the game on Steam directly, buy it off GMG or some other store for it to be even less, possibly $45 or $50 on launch day).

BasilZero said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Same

Oh, that was just the #4Theplayers Tax

jk

I'm sure the game will be cheaper on PS5 when the PC ver appears (also dont buy the game on Steam directly, buy it off GMG or some other store for it to be even less, possibly $45 or $50 on launch day).

Oh for sure! I use Gamebillet usually for new games. Got the Uncharted Collection on Steam for $28 at launch lol

coolbeans said:

Dropping some TGA predictions for the hell of it (and to look cool if I'm right). Here we go:

-Half-Life: Alyx PSVR2 official announcement
-Astro Bot: Rescue Mission PSVR2 port
-Pixelopus' new game
-Horizon: Forbidden West expansion
-Bend Studios' new game

Unfortunately you only got one right.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."