By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Details on backwards compatibility on PS5

Looks like it supports boost mode like on the PS4 Pro. And some improvements to framerates on select PS4 titles.

Around the Network
hinch said:

Details on backwards compatibility on PS5

Looks like it supports boost mode like on the PS4 Pro. And some improvements to framerates on select PS4 titles.

I kind of assumed this but it's still good news. I got a bunch of PS4 games I absolutely love but never beat so it'll be good to actually play Horizon and Spider-Man in 4K (I only ever had a launch PS4)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Same. I stuck with a base PS4 all these years and have a few games that could benefit from this. I've only played a few hours of Red Dead Redemption 2 but I'm waiting to play it on the PS5 to get a better experience. The same thing applies to Spiderman lol

hinch said:
Same. I stuck with a base PS4 all these years and have a few games that could benefit from this. I've only played a few hours of Red Dead Redemption 2 but I'm waiting to play it on the PS5 to get a better experience. The same thing applies to Spiderman lol

Oh shit son! You are in for a real treat. I'm gonna try and get 100% on the story mode before I move on, then do the online/2nd playthrough on PS5 where it's 4K. I've adored every moment of the game aside from the Gold Rush trophy, and I think you're gonna love it, too. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a modern classic, for sure.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Nice will retry getting into it. Was a bit slow to start.. maybe its a slow burner as loved the first game.

In other news Assassin's Creed Valhalla will be 4K and 60FPS on PS5

"According to a current report from Ubisoft, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, release on November 10, 2020, will not only run in 4K on the PS5, but also with 60 frames. And full 4K resolution, as you emphasize, which you can expect. The days of checkerboard 4K should be over for now. Although, there is always a balance between resolution, frames, how nice the game is and how stupid - or not even stupid - the AI. Based on what has been played, the AI seems to be on the usual level and even if Valhalla is optically a small jump to the predecessor Origins in places, there should still be enough of the new console power left to be able to present everything here in 4K60. Meanwhile, every TV buyer in recent years has a 4K TV.

Assassin's Creed is said to draw further advantages on the PS5 from the fast SSD technology to shorten loading times and the Tempest Engine for better sound. So no big surprises, it would be bad if not. "

https://www.eurogamer.de/amp/assassins-creed-valhalla-wird-auf-der-ps5-in-4k60-laufen

Around the Network
hinch said:

Nice will retry getting into it. Was a bit slow to start.. maybe its a slow burner as loved the first game.

In other news Assassin's Creed Valhalla will be 4K and 60FPS on PS5

"According to a current report from Ubisoft, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, release on November 10, 2020, will not only run in 4K on the PS5, but also with 60 frames. And full 4K resolution, as you emphasize, which you can expect. The days of checkerboard 4K should be over for now. Although, there is always a balance between resolution, frames, how nice the game is and how stupid - or not even stupid - the AI. Based on what has been played, the AI seems to be on the usual level and even if Valhalla is optically a small jump to the predecessor Origins in places, there should still be enough of the new console power left to be able to present everything here in 4K60. Meanwhile, every TV buyer in recent years has a 4K TV.

Assassin's Creed is said to draw further advantages on the PS5 from the fast SSD technology to shorten loading times and the Tempest Engine for better sound. So no big surprises, it would be bad if not. "

https://www.eurogamer.de/amp/assassins-creed-valhalla-wird-auf-der-ps5-in-4k60-laufen

Awesome news, can't wait to play this on day 1.

Bloodborne + Boost mode= amazing gamplay

I need advice
I am planning on buying wasteland 3 digitally because its on sale, but PS5 is just around the corner.
I don't plan to keep my PS4, so anyone knows if I buy it digital on me PS4 can I play it on the PS5?

Pibituh said:
I need advice
I am planning on buying wasteland 3 digitally because its on sale, but PS5 is just around the corner.
I don't plan to keep my PS4, so anyone knows if I buy it digital on me PS4 can I play it on the PS5?

99% of games are backwards compatible with the PS4. I'm pretty sure that newer games released this is guaranteed to work.

First pictures of PS5 irl from Japanese Youtubers. Previews incoming in about 17 hours time.

Looks much better than in the renders imo