By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Started on Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time yesterday on PS3.

Game feels pretty refreshing - was the game built on a completely new engine from Tools of Destruction? Cause everything looks and feels (control wise) better.

Also Quest for Booty felt like a downgrade overall but A Crack in Time is hitting all the right buttons for me.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
Kyuu said:

In the short span of 2 months, PSVR2 launch lineup had me going from "Meh, too weak to justify buying at launch" to "Okay, I preordered!" to "Holy cow, I'm also gonna need a high quality racing wheel for GT7 but I'm a broke mofo T_T"

Now I'm struggling to prioritize between buying a racing wheel, my own PS5, or an LG C3. Guess I'll have to leave the racing wheel for 2024.

So... I couldn't resist and got myself a G923 (394 AUD with shipping costs). Not exactly a high quality racing wheel but it's probably more than enough for my first ever wheel! On the negative side, I just missed the GT7 holiday sale (only bought RE8 and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir on Playstation, and Signalis on Steam before the sale ended).

I have a Thrustmaster that was the official GT5 wheel (T500RS), and it still works fine for GT7 (on PS4 version) and GTS, so you should do fine with G923.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I think SIE is in a really incredible place right now. 

A lot of growth studio wise (Housemarque, Nixxes, Bluepoint, Valkyrie, Firesprite, Savage Game Studios, Haven, Bungie)

I think they're doing more experimenting than they have since probably the PS3 era. I think the PS4 era was missing a lot of partnerships. There are some notable examples like Bloodborne, Death Stranding, and a few others. But I feel like outside of those, they didn't have any amazing second party titles. I feel like the PS3 era was a lot broader in that regard. Japan Studio, San Diego, Santa Monica helped out with tons of third party games during the PS3 era. 

I feel like there's a much bigger push to get that back this gen than there was last gen. We have Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, whatever that scifi RPG is. Partnerships with Firewalk, Deviation Games. 

And it feels like there's even more to come.

Not to mention a ton of expansion amongst Sony's first party. Santa Monica working on something new. Sony Bend working on something new.

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 09 January 2023

Neil Druckmann interview.

Some notable things:

He was talking about that he was interested in telling stories more through gameplay and less through cinematics. (He specifically brings up Elden Ring and Inside, but he talks about those moments in The Last of Us.)

He also talks about how ND likes to move on and not get stuck working on the same IP.

the-pi-guy said:

Neil Druckmann interview.

Some notable things:

He was talking about that he was interested in telling stories more through gameplay and less through cinematics. (He specifically brings up Elden Ring and Inside, but he talks about those moments in The Last of Us.)

He also talks about how ND likes to move on and not get stuck working on the same IP.

I fully expect Factions 2 and TloU3 will be the last games in the series. If the former is successful they can continue on story that way.

But I'm excited for what ND do next. A sci fi version of UC world even be enough for me

Around the Network

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-last-of-us/season-1?ref=hp

First genuinely good live action game adaptation, baybee!

twintail said:

I fully expect Factions 2 and TloU3 will be the last games in the series. If the former is successful they can continue on story that way.

But I'm excited for what ND do next. A sci fi version of UC world even be enough for me

I wouldn't be surprised if more games get made, but I think at that point, Naughty Dog will pass it off to someone else. 

I feel like Neil is setting up the expectation that their next game will be something new. I feel like we'll see TLOU Online => New IP => TLOU 3, and Uncharted reboot from a partner studio somewhere in there.

Some leaders at Playground games just split from MS to form a new studio called Maverick. They site a lack of risk taking at their former job as the main reason. This could be a nice buildup studio similar to Haven. Maybe Sony will do a partnership with them in the future.

Blood_Tears said:

Some leaders at Playground games just split from MS to form a new studio called Maverick. They site a lack of risk taking at their former job as the main reason. This could be a nice buildup studio similar to Haven. Maybe Sony will do a partnership with them in the future.

Big chance of they using the window of opportunity of a lot of consolidation to make their studio and sell out in a couple years.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

According to Dring , 80% of Horizon:FW's sales from across Europe did NOT come from the bundle. It's nice to see this IP really thriving.