By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

zero129 said:

I did?. Im pretty sure my words where ill play it when it releases on PC since i still need to get around to finishing the first one.

And 1-2 years is not a long time to me and im sure its not to other PC users too. As long as Sony does the right price and keep making great ports with Pc exclusive features like they been doing honestly i dont mind the wait. Unlike SE with FF7 remake that was a shitty port even after waiting a year for it and was bear bones in terms of PC features (huge difference from their port of FF15) Sony devs take the time to make their PC ports great.

SE's doing a poor job in the PC market - they are just going for where the easy money is instead of trying to build up a fan base.

As long as EGS keeps paying them a check - they'll keep releasing the AAA FF games that way instead of actually doing what other publishers are doing and releasing them on both EGS and Steam.

FFVII Remake finally came out on Steam but had issues, I think its better now than it was when it first came out but its still bad.

KH collection still isnt on Steam so either the games didnt sell the threshold that Epic wanted or SE just forgot about them.

FFXVI will likely release on EGS 6 months after PS5 release date and we'll probably have to wait another 6-12 months for it to come out on Steam.

Seems like its just KH and FF that is going through it (oh and I guess TWEWY as well lol).

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
zero129 said:

I did?. Im pretty sure my words where ill play it when it releases on PC since i still need to get around to finishing the first one.

And 1-2 years is not a long time to me and im sure its not to other PC users too. As long as Sony does the right price and keep making great ports with Pc exclusive features like they been doing honestly i dont mind the wait. Unlike SE with FF7 remake that was a shitty port even after waiting a year for it and was bear bones in terms of PC features (huge difference from their port of FF15) Sony devs take the time to make their PC ports great.

SE's doing a poor job in the PC market - they are just going for where the easy money is instead of trying to build up a fan base.

As long as EGS keeps paying them a check - they'll keep releasing the AAA FF games that way instead of actually doing what other publishers are doing and releasing them on both EGS and Steam.

FFVII Remake finally came out on Steam but had issues, I think its better now than it was when it first came out but its still bad.

KH collection still isnt on Steam so either the games didnt sell the threshold that Epic wanted or SE just forgot about them.

FFXVI will likely release on EGS 6 months after PS5 release date and we'll probably have to wait another 6-12 months for it to come out on Steam.

Seems like its just KH and FF that is going through it (oh and I guess TWEWY as well lol).

Indeed after their great port of FF15 on PC and it was a great port i thought ok if SE is going to be waiting a year to port FF7 and KH etc they are going to be great ports as they most be working to make them great. Then both launch at full price and with no exclusive pc features. Pretty much a barebones port.

Lucky Sony isnt doing this and their PC ports have been some of the best. heck they are even outdoing MS with PC features that they add to their games imo.

zero129 said:
Kyuu said:

I doubt Spider-Man 2 is coming to PC in less than 2-3 years, and this is probably optimistic. This game is gonna arrive in a period where PS5 production meets or exceeds demand, so "system sellers" will be required to sell as many consoles as possible.

Wanna place a bet?. Ill give 2 years max.

That depends on the bet lol. Avatar control? (assuming we'd still be around :P).

Kyuu said:
zero129 said:

Wanna place a bet?. Ill give 2 years max.

That depends on the bet lol. Avatar control? (assuming we'd still be around :P).

Yeah id be good with that .

zero129 said:

Indeed after their great port of FF15 on PC and it was a great port i thought ok if SE is going to be waiting a year to port FF7 and KH etc they are going to be great ports as they most be working to make them great. Then both launch at full price and with no exclusive pc features. Pretty much a barebones port.

Lucky Sony isnt doing this and their PC ports have been some of the best. heck they are even outdoing MS with PC features that they add to their games imo.

FFXV's porting team might have been members from its original team....that team no longer exists or is a shell that is working on Forspoken - I think Forspoken will perform well in terms of performance but the game will be horrible lol.

Well, when Forspoken bombs - that team will cease to exist unfortunately.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
zero129 said:

FFXV's porting team might have been members from its original team....that team no longer exists or is a shell that is working on Forspoken - I think Forspoken will perform well in terms of performance but the game will be horrible lol.

Well, when Forspoken bombs - that team will cease to exist unfortunately.

Sad days indeed if thats what SE think they are going to get away with on PC. Heck i dont mind waiting if they are going to make it worth the wait but if not well i got a ship to get on .

FF Pixel collection is coming to PS4!

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=247029

zero129 said:
Kyuu said:

Yeah id be good with that .

Okay how about avatar/signature control for 3 months?

If it gets ported a day less than 2 years you win. If it gets ported a day more than 2 years I win. If it's ported in exactly 2 years we both win and troll each others avatars/signatures. Deal?

gtotheunit91 said:

I think it was Hulst that pretty recently said the gap would be narrowed down to a year at the most by the time new games get ported to PC. Even then, I wouldn’t expect that to be till the middle of the generation at the earliest since there’s still a quite a few games that need to be ported. The only exceptions to the rule have been the Uncharted collection and TLoU remake and I’m assuming the live service games.

Herman said that as reassuring, that any port (except GAAS) will be at least 1 year after the release on PS not less.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Everything about Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is phenomenal.

Haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, RT performance mode, combined with the core gameplay loop of the R&C series, and small improvements such as the phantom dash, this is shaping up to be my favorite Ratchet & Clank experience so far.