By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

gtotheunit91 said:
DonFerrari said:

So another of those cases of MS muddling waters to pretend it is something only on Xbox (like they done for Persona and a few others) and letting devs later confirm it is multiplat?

Like what Sony did in the last SoP? I don't recall seeing anything but PS5/PS4 logos at the end of every game announcement even though most of them were multiplat. Let's not pretend that every platform holder doesn't do this practice when it's during their own showcase. Nothing wrong with it either. Just lets fans of that platform know that a game is coming to the platform. 

When Sony do is wrong as well. And from memory when it is timed or console exclusive they put in the start of the trailer of the announcement. Dunno if you remember that when MS got TR timed exclusivity they pretended it was permanent and only after some time they allowed SE to say it was timed, and only several months after release they said how long it would take to release in other platforms.

And let me reinforce just in case. Pretending a multiplat is exclusive is wrong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

So digital foundry did a video on the TLoU Remake (the trailer atleast) and it was obvious how good it looked just from the trailer (I have eyes that work) but seeing it side by side next to the remaster is staggering.

Yep, and they compared the remake to the remaster on PS4Pro or PS5 right? And they also showed that it also stands up against TLOU2 pretty well. So yes it is a good remake, but certainly won't match what ND launches as new game for PS5 only.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/06/xbox-appeared-to-embargo-ps5-ps4-versions-of-some-showcase-games?fbclid=IwAR1MMDVv3l9WIziRQHVM-AyXWzvszJjh38oZfdFcLau08AbL1r7fggGHHAM

Xbox Appeared to Embargo PS5, PS4 Versions of Some Showcase Games

Some of the games announced during Microsoft’s big Xbox Showcase on Sunday are coming to the PS5 and PS4 – but it would appear you weren’t supposed to know for at least 48 hours. It seems that the Redmond firm enforced embargoes on some of its partners, including Atlus and Koei Tecmo. We received press releases from both publishers, embargoed until 6PM BST today, preventing us from mentioning the PlayStation ports.

Now this information was ultimately published prematurely by other websites, enabling us to bring you the news earlier than intended, but it’s still noteworthy. Platform holders rarely ever mention competing consoles during press conferences, of course – but usually, publishers will clarify which platforms their games are coming to in press releases and social media posts sent out immediately afterwards. This was true for Street Fighter 6 and Resident Evil 4, for example, which were both announced at Sony’s most recent State of Play.

However, in this instance, it appears that Microsoft didn’t want news of the PS5 versions of Persona and PS5 and PS4 versions of Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty to be publicised until at least two days after its Xbox Showcase. As far as we understand, this was enforced specifically on the Japanese titles, as games like Minecraft Legends were announced for rival platforms like the PS5, PS4, and Nintendo Switch immediately after the livestream.

Of course, it’s understandable that Microsoft wants to associate Xbox with these games, especially when it’s largely considered to have a weaker selection of Japanese titles than its competitors. But we’d argue that having those games on its big stage already served its purpose, and embargoing platforms is just keeping players in the dark. Ultimately, it is just 48 hours, so it’s not the end of the world. But we figured this was worth reporting in case of similar situations in the future, when you may be left wondering whether a game announced at an Xbox Showcase is coming to PS5 and PS4 or not.

Blood_Tears said:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/06/xbox-appeared-to-embargo-ps5-ps4-versions-of-some-showcase-games?fbclid=IwAR1MMDVv3l9WIziRQHVM-AyXWzvszJjh38oZfdFcLau08AbL1r7fggGHHAM

Some of the games announced during Microsoft’s big Xbox Showcase on Sunday are coming to the PS5 and PS4 – but it would appear you weren’t supposed to know for at least 48 hours. It seems that the Redmond firm enforced embargoes on some of its partners, including Atlus and Koei Tecmo. We received press releases from both publishers, embargoed until 6PM BST today, preventing us from mentioning the PlayStation ports.

Now this information was ultimately published prematurely by other websites, enabling us to bring you the news earlier than intended, but it’s still noteworthy. Platform holders rarely ever mention competing consoles during press conferences, of course – but usually, publishers will clarify which platforms their games are coming to in press releases and social media posts sent out immediately afterwards. This was true for Street Fighter 6 and Resident Evil 4, for example, which were both announced at Sony’s most recent State of Play.

However, in this instance, it appears that Microsoft didn’t want news of the PS5 versions of Persona and PS5 and PS4 versions of Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty to be publicised until at least two days after its Xbox Showcase. As far as we understand, this was enforced specifically on the Japanese titles, as games like Minecraft Legends were announced for rival platforms like the PS5, PS4, and Nintendo Switch immediately after the livestream.

Of course, it’s understandable that Microsoft wants to associate Xbox with these games, especially when it’s largely considered to have a weaker selection of Japanese titles than its competitors. But we’d argue that having those games on its big stage already served its purpose, and embargoing platforms is just keeping players in the dark. Ultimately, it is just 48 hours, so it’s not the end of the world. But we figured this was worth reporting in case of similar situations in the future, when you may be left wondering whether a game announced at an Xbox Showcase is coming to PS5 and PS4 or not.

Sounds anti consumer to me.

Blood_Tears said:

This is one of those things you sorta already know is happening but it sounds like a conspiracy so you don't wanna say it. 

Bottom line, Microsoft has seemingly put more money into PR and acquisitions than actual game development. "We don't have any games, so we are going to twist every word we can to make people associate these games with our brand and put up embargoes so nobody can call us on our obviously disingenuous wording. Technicalities and subversion all around." 

Sony ain't no saint but I right after their presentation before I even had time to reflect upon it, there were articles up saying these games were multiplat. We always knew that FFVII Remake and Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo were timed exclusives. They don't make one of the major pillars of their conferences BIG BOLD LETTERS PROCLAIMING EVERY GAME IS A CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE! 

CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE!

I am irrationally angered by this phrase and it's been going on basically a whole console generation. And it's so transparent to anyone with a discerning eye, yet they still do it in a futile attempt to make it appear as their console has games without actually having any. It bothers me more than it should. I just want clear language and fair discussions, and of the three Microsoft has been by far the worst for muddying the waters and being grossly disingenuous with their phrasing.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden are coming to PS4 while P5R is PS5 (obviously)

So no PS5 version of P4 and P3, just BC... at least this gen Sony put BC, although I would still be able to play it on my PS4.

BasilZero said:
DonFerrari said:

So no PS5 version of P4 and P3, just BC... at least this gen Sony put BC, although I would still be able to play it on my PS4.

Yep, to be honest the difference between the two versions wouldnt be that much considering these are both ports of two PS2 games that were re-released on PSP and Vita.

I didn't see the MS presentation. The version they are going to put is just port, remaster or a proper "remake"? But well, considering the PS4 version of Persona 5, PS4 version of Strikers, etc I see that a PS5 version is kinda irrelevant if they have a PS4 port.

And they said TLOU remake wouldn't have any new content...

Very nice project: