By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

kazuyamishima said:

Free 3 months trial of Funimatiom for PS4/PS5 users as part of play at home initiative announced.

Oooo thanks. Time to catch up on some anime

Around the Network

I voted Final Fantasy XVI. But of course I want Final Fantasy VII Remake Part. 2 ^^.

twintail said:

Started playng Control. But it's giving me a slight headache. Lowered the turning speed and turned off motion blur. Hope it helps

If playing on PS5 put it on performance mode as it bumps up framerate to 60FPS. Which might help.

Idd camera motion blur is always something I turn off first (if not per object), it only really helps games when they're running 30FPS.

@Otter

Should peg that down as rumor and take with a mountain of salt.

twintail said:
Otter said:

The headline and the actual article don't really sync up.

Visual Arts Services Group were working on a remake of TLoU which apparently had the highest budget for a remake from Sony. This was also their first game. No wonder Hult shifted production away from the studio. That doesn't even remotely sound like a good idea to give a studio who has never made a game a high budget remake of such an important IP.

The fact that ND has to take over it must be an annoyance for all parties involved. 

As for Days Gone 2. The first game released in 2019, didn't review amazingly well. Didn't sell amazingly well out of the gate. They pitched a sequel in the same year. I mean, most ppl on these and other forums were not even hopeful of the first game by the end of 2019. What makes you think Sony would have jumped at a sequel for such a lukewarm reception?

Honestly, this article just highlights that Sony, as a publisher, are making the very business decisions you would expect a publisher like them to make. Trying to change that into a narrative of avoiding risk is so bizarre, especially when you consider that Sony is still letting Lucid games work on DLC for Destruction All Stars (a game completely not what Sony is known for) while also continuing to push VR, which neither MS or Nintendo are doing.

I don't doubt the facts that Jason presents, but he's a thorough journalist. But this reads like he's taking his own assumptions and marking them as fact.

Yeah I think people can make their own conclusions from the info, but the interesting is regarding the juggling of development.

Personally glad that Days Gone 2 is not happening, it doesn't stand out as something I want a 1st party to develop. Plenty more unique and stand out games waiting to be made

Around the Network

I found it funny that one line had them saying Sony wasn't making many new IPs, but like....Ghost of Tsushima? Horizon zero Dawn? Bloodborne? like, sorry mate, this was a really good generation for new IP. I found the Ps4 era to be one of the most creative and diverse console lineups ever. There's a reason I keep saying that gaming as a whole is better today than it's ever been in spite of nostalgia goggles on so many people. There's a lot of shit out there, and there's a lot of terrible stuff to wade through, but there's so, SO much more than people give it credit for.

**Edit** I also find it funny that Sony Bend deciding not to do a Days Gone 2 has some people upset. Like, aren't y'all the same folks who bitch about companies reusing the same IP over and over? How Nintendo and Microsoft each have a half dozen IP they go back to every year/generation? There's room in the industry for one-offs and franchises. I am okay with days Gone being a singular experience. Despite Bloodborne being one of my favourite games of all time, I'm actually happy they never made a sequel. I also think I'd play Ratchet and Clank sequels until the day I die! We can have both ends of the spectrum, you know. And I feel that Sony is right in the middle, balancing old IP with new IP. They're letting some franchises end gracefully while including new games. Guerilla and Sucker Punch have put Killzone and inFamous to rest for HUGELY successful new IP, and that's exciting to me. 

Honestly, it's really exhausting having to constantly roll my eyes every time someone comes up with some new doom and gloom headline or bad take about the state of the medium. Like, you could ignore everything Take-Two, Activision-Blizzard, EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft, and Warner publish (The ones notorious for Lootboxes and microtransactions) and the entirety of mobile gaming, and still not be able to keep up with all the new games and innovation out there. Indies, smaller studios, Steam, PSN, Nintendo EShop, and hell, even Microsoft's GamePass is all very, VERY good for the medium.

I just do not understand why so many people are so quick to get on the hate train.

like, the controversy over Sony cancelling the PS3 and Vita storefronts? like...why does anyone care? When was the last time ANY of you bought ANYTHING on EITHER of those storefronts? hell, I'm probably the one who did it most recently when I bought Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time on Ps3...and even I thought it was the right decision to close down those stores. If storefronts aren't making you money, you close them down. It's mildly inconvenient for consumers, sure, but it's still a business and it was the right business decision. Shut down the old stuff, focus on the new stuff. That's, like, Economics 101 right there. Focus on the future and where you're going, because if you struggle and force yourself to focus too much on the past at the expense of the future, you end up like your racist uncle on facebook gloating about how much better it was when he could give his wife a slap and that was okay.

If y'all cared about the PS3 and Vita storefronts, you would have bought the Vita and been still playing on the PS3. If sony feels it's not worth it to keep those storefronts open, then that's their decision. It sucks for like 12 people worldwide, but they're still a business.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Timsplitters 2 easter egg unlock code has been revealed, meaning you'll be able to play the full game in Homefront 2

"You mean this code?
LT+Up, LT+Up, Down, LT+Right, RT+Left, RT+B, LT+Y, LT+Y, RT+X, LT+A" In case the Tweet is deleted :))

Bristow9091 said:
DonFerrari said:

The previous time it was given the service wasn`t available in brazil and now I already have it... missed 6 months of free service.

Cancel your current subscription and create a new account to get three months free, once that's up resume paying for your current one?

Don`t think that would work, I have paid in advance for a year sub and usually these freebies are for first time signs isn`t them?

Otter said:

I`ll ask Jason if he would employ a team that makes him lose money. Everyone wants to dictate what others do.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

London Studio hiring for a new IP set for PS5. Article via Push Square.

[ Roles include the likes of artists, graphics programmers, and animators – but there are also a couple of references to multiplayer. “We are really excited to open this hire for an experienced Online Gameplay Designer because it’s a role of crucial importance to the new PS5 project we are working on at London Studio,” one listing reads.

The post also explains that “as a first-party studio, we set out to produce games which show the exciting potential of the latest PlayStation hardware, so it’s important you are up for experimenting and working in uncharted design territory”. ]

Fyi these are the guys behind The Getaway back in the PS2 days. It'll be interesting what they cook up. I'm hoping for another Getaway type game, since Rockstar are not doing FA with GTA atm.

hinch said:

London Studio hiring for a new IP set for PS5. Article via Push Square.

[ Roles include the likes of artists, graphics programmers, and animators – but there are also a couple of references to multiplayer. “We are really excited to open this hire for an experienced Online Gameplay Designer because it’s a role of crucial importance to the new PS5 project we are working on at London Studio,” one listing reads.

The post also explains that “as a first-party studio, we set out to produce games which show the exciting potential of the latest PlayStation hardware, so it’s important you are up for experimenting and working in uncharted design territory”. ]

Fyi these are the guys behind The Getaway back in the PS2 days. It'll be interesting what they cook up. I'm hoping for another Getaway type game, since Rockstar are not doing FA with GTA atm.

It would be nice.