By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

@Bristow9091

True. Plus the mods man.. think of the mods with that game! But yeah you're right, so many games this year its packed. Better for ones wallet, haha. I'm just anxiously waiting to play the next GoW

Around the Network

Horizon and GOW both coming Holiday 2021 just doesn't make any sense, I think its safe to say GOW will be a Q1/Q2 2022 title.

GT7 will be a great launch title for Playstation VR2

PlayStation Play at Home Returns March 1 With Free Ratchet & Clank. FOR EVERYONE !! :D /EVERY PS4-Owner. Playable on PS5 too.

Starting on March 25, Funmination extended access for new subscribers to Funimation or Wakanim in the countries they are available. Funimation is an anime-focused subscription service and Wakanim is Funimation’s European division.

twintail said:
hinch said:

First details of next gen PSVR

Few tidbits..

• Single cable connection - front USB C maybe? No wireless, at least for now
  • New controllers - maybe the hand/finger gesture tracking we got some videos teased on YT ala VIVE/OR
  • Will incorporate some of the new features in DualSense - which isn't a surprise. 

Not wireless is a surprise considering the PS5 has wifi 6 in it, but I suppose that ups the cost too. Surprised they're talking about it now, though. 

Honestly, Destruction All-Stars needs to be a candidate for PC release (with cross-play). Cool info though. And GT7 delay is not a problem. They can barely get PS5 onto shelves. It can wait.

Yeah plus it adds extra weight and bulk. They'll probably release a battery pack at some point for those who want it :P

More crossplay would be excellent. I would double dip on a few games if there is cross saves too. Idd about the stock situation.. like most retailers sell out instantly here in the UK lol.

Around the Network

Ah that sucks. Must be bots, no other explanation for that. Didn't Argos just cancel a bunch of orders because of that? Like instantly selling out at 5AM before anyone could get an order in :/

Think its the same everywhere - ASDA etc man these sites just need to use Capture verification.

Last edited by hinch - on 23 February 2021

Bristow9091 said:
hinch said:

Ah that sucks. Must be bots, no other explanation for that. Didn't Argos just cancel a bunch of orders because of that? Like instantly selling out at 5AM before anyone could get an order in :/

Think its the same everywhere - ASDA etc man these sites just need to use Capture verification.

Oh yeah it definitely sucks, although I was already expecting not to get one anyway lol. It'd definitely be nice if these sites would use captcha on checkout and stuff, but despite what they say, they don't give a fuck WHO buys the consoles since they're making money from them lol.

Meh, maybe I'll get lucky some other time... not that I'm expecting to own a PS5 for at least another year, but if it were up to me I'd have had one day one for Demon's Souls alone.

Best game on the console so far, yeah. Then again, there's also Nioh and Nioh 2...so it got off to the right foot with soulslikes! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I think Dreams gets a PC port around the holidays/early 2022. Out of all SIE titles, Dreams needs it the most, and it could even see a resurgence similar to Among Us if done correctly:

(a) Release Dreams on PC when multiplayer is launched
(b) Make it a PS+ game for a couple of months at the same time of the PC launch

It could be the shot in the arm Dreams needs.

Bristow9091 said:
Runa216 said:

Best game on the console so far, yeah. Then again, there's also Nioh and Nioh 2...so it got off to the right foot with soulslikes! 

I absolutely LOVED the first Nioh, and I've only played the beta of Nioh 2, but they gave us a few missions and the co-op is BY FAR the best I've ever played in a Soulslike game, having a shared life pool and being able to resurrect your allies is so fucking handy! I was SO tempted to buy Nioh 2 at launch last year, but decided against it thinking it'd be getting a port to the PS5 later on... lo and behold, it has! And with all the DLC too, so I'll definitely be picking that up once I get a console too, although I'm hoping the price drops in the meantime because it's bloody expensive here! Just hoping I can recreate my Kusarigama/Ninjutsu build from the first game, lol.

Speaking of Souls games, I was gonna' wait until I got a PS5 to play Dark Souls 3 so I could play it in 60fps (Since I played Remaster and SOTFS in 60fps too lol) but I keep getting the urge to just start it, so I've done tons of build research and shit, and I've decided 100% that I'm gonna' be starting it soon-ish... and going with a DEX build with a bit of FTH so I have more heals handy, although I'm not sure if I want to be using the Sellsword Twinblades or the Uchigatana... on one hand I have a weapon(s) with insane burst damage that attack ridiculously fast, so it'll be like I'm playing Bloodborne with the Blades of Mercy... but on the other hand I have a weapon that isn't quite as fast, but is better for stamina management, has longer range, and has a weapon art that doubles as a parry with quite a few frames so I can riposte for days... that's the only thing I can't decide on! I know there's a Sharp Gem early on in the game too so I'll be slapping that on whichever I pick and just pumping everything into DEX once I get around 20 in VIG and END, lol

This might be an unpopular opinion...but buy the Nioh Collection digitally now. you get Nioh 2 on PS4 with all the DLC as well if you do so. I had a similar situation, I bought a physical copy of Nioh, as well as Nioh 2 on Ps4, but never got any of the DLC. I got a free copy of Nioh with PS+, and when I got the Nioh collection on PS5 (The digital version), it also gave me a digital copy of Nioh 2 and all its DLC. so once I got the Nioh expansion pass (Don't ask why I did that, I have a weird brain), I had everything on both consoles. 

so yeah, if you do want it, get the Nioh collection on Ps5, you'll get Nioh 2 on PS4 plus all the DLC, and then you can transfer your save forward if/when you get a PS5! 

**Edit** also, if you play Dark Souls III, lemme know. I freakin' love that game and would be happy to co-op with you once you get to the undead settlement (The High Wall of Lothric - the first level - is a PVP hotspot and notorious for folks with grossly high attack stats ganking newbies. I tried to co-op with some buddies of mine in that area and we got wrecked even though it was 3 on 1 in our favour every time. Some of the community is shit, even though most are good.)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Oh, and if anyone wants:

Dark Souls Remastered is 50% off right now (27.50 on the Canadian Store, probably like 22 or something USD)
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First sin is 75% off right now (12.50 on the Canadian store, probably 10 or something USD)
Dark Souls III Deluxe edition is 75% off right now (27.50 on the Canadian store, probably like 22 or something USD)

You could get the whole trilogy with all the DLC for like 60 bucks right now, if you were into that. I personally don't care for Dark Souls II, but 12.50 (10 USD) for a game like that is still worth it for the maybe-risk of whether you like it or not.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX