By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Just found out that the PS5 doesn't allow for game save data to be backed up to USB. I HOPE this will be patched in the immediate future, because tying save backups to a subscription service is....how do I put this...complete fucking bullshit. Not holding my breath though. Looks like Sony copied Nintendo again!

This has been another episode of Coktoe complains about things that are wrong with Playstation in the Playstation Nation thread.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

I look forward to both the PS4 games. I want to play both of them.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Great one for me.. I skipped Control on PC, but now I can play Ultimate edition on PS5 for nothing :) Also want to try out Destruction All-Stars.

Easily one of the best PS+ months, for sure. Control is one of those games I've been curious about but not curious enough to buy it. Now I will have it! MUAHAHA!

Too bad my backlog is so big it might not be 2022 until I actually give it a shot.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Tomb Raider being rebooted (again)

“We envision the future of Tomb Raider unfolding after [the rebooted trilogy], telling stories that build upon both the breadth of Core Design and Crystal Dynamics’ games, looking to unify these timelines,” he said as part of a social media puff piece. “With Tomb Raider’s extensive history, this is not an easy task, and we ask for patience as we go through the process.” - Pushsquare

Hopefully they'll stick to the story of original Lara. With the mix of gameplay of the originals (puzzles, platforming) and action of the more recent games.

Around the Network
hinch said:

“We envision the future of Tomb Raider unfolding after [the rebooted trilogy], telling stories that build upon both the breadth of Core Design and Crystal Dynamics’ games, looking to unify these timelines,” he said as part of a social media puff piece. “With Tomb Raider’s extensive history, this is not an easy task, and we ask for patience as we go through the process.” - Pushsquare

Hopefully they'll stick to the story of original Lara. With the mix of gameplay of the originals (puzzles, platforming) and action of the more recent games.

So Tomb Raider will be an eternal trilogy rebooting all the time....

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Haha.. maybe. The new(er) trilogy kinda sucks though. Well, apart from the 2013 reboot.

Recent TR's being a poor mans Uncharted. If they go back to their roots I'll be back on board.

hinch said:

So, the "Next Tomb Raider aims to unify the Reboot Trilogy and the Original Games". What, why? The original games had such forgettable stories and characters. Not that the Legend Trilogy, which is being left out of the unification of timelines, was much better in those regards. Whatever. I guess gaming icons like Pierre Dupont and Marco Bartoli are coming back to amaze a new generation.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Forgettable story with an experienced and mysterious adventurer with focus on finding artifacts is 100x better than a whiney dull teen Lara with daddy issues with no clue after three adventures :P Don't need another Rambo tbh lol

Last edited by hinch - on 29 January 2021

I finished FF7R and now deep into YLAD. I bet the budget for YLAD is half that of FF7R and is a much much much much MUCH better game. FF7R is just a mess when it did anything outside of re-creating the PS1 game sections. Nomura only knows how to fuck shit up. Meanwhile, YLAD next to Xenoblade Remake is the best RPG last year. I even think the ToM remake is the best remake with the Square label put out last year despite the tiny budget.

YLAD like any Yakuza game has mechanics on top of mechanics. It has some presentation similar to Persona (and some of the music you can buy) plus a social link system. The chatting in the overworld is similar to the Tales of games. Job system similar to that of Final Fantasy. There is more but mixing systems from other popular RPG games is bold but works well. I still retain Yakuza 0 and Judgment are best in the franchise. I'd say this is a good starting point for RPG fans but not played Yakuza.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!