By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which generations should be included

5th gen and down 11 36.67%

6th gen and down 14 46.67%

7th gen and down 5 16.67%

Total:30
CaptainExplosion said:
How about we commence to talking about retro games we don't remember? :)

Hmm, how can we talk about them if we don't remember them?

Around the Network

I'll try and post my collection of retro games when I get home. Though I'll probably get some slack because I don't have any of the original boxes.  Well... I do have some of the Playstation cases.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

CaptainExplosion said:
VGPolyglot said:

Hmm, how can we talk about them if we don't remember them?

Well here's one I've been wanting to tell everyone about.

The Super Spy for the Neo Geo arcade system. Seems to be an early first person shooter. Only know about it because Hamster said they were bringing it to the Nintendo Switch eShop.

Hmm, I've never actually tried that game out myself! It looks pretty interesting, though.

CaptainExplosion said:
VGPolyglot said:

Hmm, I've never actually tried that game out myself! It looks pretty interesting, though.

I think it looks like what if GoldenEye was made for the Super NES.

Anyone here remember NARC? :)

Yes, I remember NARC, I never actually played it myself though.

CaptainExplosion said:

I think it looks like what if GoldenEye was made for the Super NES.

Anyone here remember NARC? :)

Yes. When I was a kid an arcade nearby had the original cabinet. I never played it back then. At the time I used to spend my money on Thunder Cross II...

From time to time I try to beat an arcade in one credit on MAME. The last one has been Armed Police Batrider.

Last edited by Player2 - on 05 July 2018

Around the Network

Retro gaming has the magic that new games don't. I have some bias where I can't get into a new game as easily as game from the 1990s or early 2000s.

CaptainExplosion said:
HomokHarcos said:
Retro gaming has the magic that new games don't. I have some bias where I can't get into a new game as easily as game from the 1990s or early 2000s.

Many retro games have aged very well, more so than many of today's games (not counting most Nintendo games).

Wow, a retro gamer who thinks that most Nintendo games haven't aged well!

VGPolyglot said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Many retro games have aged very well, more so than many of today's games (not counting most Nintendo games).

Wow, a retro gamer who thinks that most Nintendo games haven't aged well!

The Super Mario Bros. games are still very playable today. Nintendo were smart with the way they made the games.

I've turned my Wii U into a retro gaming machine (so it still stays relevant :D)

Anyone have experience with Ogre Battle 64? Never tried the series before and I'm itching to dig in!

Honestly 7th gen lasted for a long enough time that I would consider the first portion of it to be Retro.

Perfect Dark Zero for the 360 came out in 2005! The PS2 was still alive and kickin'