By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VGPolyglot said:
jason1637 said:
I'm from the US and it's a big deal here.

But is it a bigger deal than the Super Bowl?

Yes.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
jason1637 said:
I'm from the US and it's a big deal here.

Yes, but most major holidays are.  New Years, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Labor, Memorial.

Nymeria said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yes, but most major holidays are.  New Years, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Labor, Memorial.

Is Thanksgiving the second biggest holiday in the USA? I believe it's a much bigger deal there than in Canada.

HomokHarcos said:
Nymeria said:

Is Thanksgiving the second biggest holiday in the USA? I believe it's a much bigger deal there than in Canada.

I'm not sure how they rank, but I know Halloween is the second biggest economically now (behind Christmas).

We had thunderstorms in our area and the fireworks had to get re-scheduled. Not sure if we'll be able to make it to the rescheduled event, but my little one still had fun watching other peoples' fireworks go off throughout the weekend. Soon she will not be so easily entertained.

Perhaps it's not a big deal in the UK for obvious reasons? It's not a day for UK to celebrate, as it was a loss for them.

Around the Network

I had to work yesterday and today. I wake up at 4am when I work day shift. My neighbors we blowing up shit at 2am. I'm tired as hell and I kinda wish we'd lost the war.

Nymeria said:
HomokHarcos said:

I'm not sure how they rank, but I know Halloween is the second biggest economically now (behind Christmas).

Shouldn't Thanksgiving be the biggest when it comes yo the economy because the last few years Black Friday has started on Thanksgiving?

4th of July is obviously a very US specific thing, but i celebrated by consuming some US made entertainment in the form of Ant-Man and the Wasp and Better Call Saul

jason1637 said:
Nymeria said:

Shouldn't Thanksgiving be the biggest when it comes yo the economy because the last few years Black Friday has started on Thanksgiving?

That counts toward Christmas.  Halloween and Christmas have people spend money specifically on toward those Holidays. Outside of food and travel Thanksgiving doesn't have as large a commercial element.

I don't see how they'd care unless they like history or America in particular.