By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Why would people from another country care about another countries independence, unless they're like a history buff. I'm American and never gave a thought about another countries independence (or their celebration of it)

Around the Network
LiquorandGunFun said:

...how people who were tired of oppression of the king of England, made a new country out of colonies and eventually won a war again t the biggest superpower of the time. the struggles of the people involved, no one today could do what they did.

>Oppression

>3% taxation

I wish the British Government would oppress me like that.

The rebels were not entitled to the Rights of Englishman. Defying the King, throwing tea in the harbour and allying with the French each disqualify you from being English (it's only OK to defy the King and cut his head off if he's Scottish). 

Had they behaved themselves and asked nicely likely Canada and Australia did the whole sorry affair could have been avoided. Good manners go a long way.

All in all we just appreciate that you use the correct dd/mm/yy format for your birthday. 'Fourth of July' sounds so much better than 'July fourth' doesn't it?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

...how people who were tired of oppression of the king of England, made a new country out of colonies and eventually won a war again t the biggest superpower of the time. the struggles of the people involved, no one today could do what they did.

>Oppression

>3% taxation

I wish the British Government would oppress me like that.

The rebels were not entitled to the Rights of Englishman. Defying the King, throwing tea in the harbour and allying with the French each disqualify you from being English (it's only OK to defy the King and cut his head off if he's Scottish). 

Had they behaved themselves and asked nicely likely Canada and Australia did the whole sorry affair could have been avoided. Good manners go a long way.

All in all we just appreciate that you use the correct dd/mm/yy format for your birthday. 'Fourth of July' sounds so much better than 'July fourth' doesn't it?

Kings should never complain about "entitlements" they are literally born into power.

however you decide to interpret it, its a great day to get together and celebrate, feast, and enjoy good company topped off with fireworks. i have family and friends in the military, so its taken seriously.

i hope your fourth was a good.

Ka-pi96 said:
Snoopy said:

Kings should never complain about "entitlements" they are literally born into power.

The only thing they should be entitled to is a blade cutting through their neck!

Not without representation and not with our tax dollars!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Snoopy said:

The only thing they should be entitled to is a blade cutting through their neck!

Canada still worships the British monarch! Queen Elizabeth is our official head of state. Need to get rid of them.

Hiku said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Why would people from another country care about another countries independence, unless they're like a history buff. I'm American and never gave a thought about another countries independence (or their celebration of it)

I'm curious about the thought process behind this as well. It's not like those countries don't have their own historical moments to pay attention to, let alone ones from other countries.

If in the US, the independence day of another unrelated country is celebrated or is a big deal, perhaps then I would wonder if it's the same in other countries. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case, so yeah.

Cinco de Mayo is widely celebrated in the USA and it is to commemorate Mexico winning a battle against France. Several Americans celebrate St. Patrick's Day, which is about the spread of Christianity to Ireland.

HBO's greatest creation(after Game of Thrones)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxSLIgNKYZY

I see all the UK peeps say it’s not a big deal. Lol that’s like me as Dolphins saying yeah It’s not big deal the Patriots keep winning Super Bowls while we sit in loser ville since Brady became the starter

DolPhanTendo said:
I see all the UK peeps say it’s not a big deal. Lol that’s like me as Dolphins saying yeah It’s not big deal the Patriots keep winning Super Bowls while we sit in loser ville since Brady became the starter

Most people from the UK probably won't understand NFL references. I'm sure you as a Dolphins know remember the 14-0 season more than any of their losing records.

Last edited by HomokHarcos - on 06 July 2018