By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Should Nextbox go for the headstart, or wait for PS5 to make the first move?

I think MS should...

Get a headstart and relea... 21 38.18%

Release alongside PS5 17 30.91%

Let PS5 go first 17 30.91%

Total:55

As much as i am not a fan of MS as a product, they need to release first, with no screw ups. They said it before, he who releases first, wins. Though, i do think that they have alot to prove next gen, if they want to draw gamers back to their product.

Around the Network
Sixteenvolt420 said:
As much as i am not a fan of MS as a product, they need to release first, with no screw ups. They said it before, he who releases first, wins. Though, i do think that they have alot to prove next gen, if they want to draw gamers back to their product.

I feel pretty much the opposite. "First" matters less than it ever has. This gen is foundational. Locking in your base as much as possible. I doubt there will ever be a time when MS isn't looking up at PS in the sales race. And then you have the fact that MS's generational upgrade, the XBO-X was released  a year after the Pro.....they'd be taxing their hardcore customer's wallets too much, in too short a time frame if they launched ahead of the PS5. Best for them to launch alongside the PS5 or after it IMO. They won't be first. I'll take any bets on that prediction.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 07 July 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Each method has its strategic advantages. I think going earlier is the most advantageous, if they do it right the first time. If they get too cocky like they did at the beginning of this gen, or like Nintendo did with Wii U, they'll blow the first move advantage. Getting it right on your first move is more important than having the first move of the game, though for the best chance, it's better to do both.

If they're serious about gaining back lost share in the market they absolutely should. But I don't think they are.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
If they're serious about gaining back lost share in the market they absolutely should. But I don't think they are.

What makes you think that? They have done well in the last 6 months. Credit where credit is due.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
vivster said:

What makes you think that? They have done well in the last 6 months. Credit where credit is due.

Doing well isn't what gets you back market share. They need to do a lot better to gain anything that has been lost since last gen. For example, canceling and delaying highly anticipated games is what you should not do. They could do a lot more, but I have yet to see a significant attack. If they're not at least 6 months earlier than Sony in bringing next gen it will confirm that they're not really serious about competing and are rather content and complacent with what they did this gen.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think microsoft will try to release it first in order to steal some market share(something like late 2019).

I really wish they all would wait until 2020 so we could have a nice upgrade for an affordable price.

With the way CPUs are improving in this last couple of years thanks to ryzen,by 2020 we could have a powerful ryzen APU(16 cores) + 16gb ram for $400-$500.

I think they're doomes either way, they lost too much ground this gen

Pemalite said:
vivster said:

No credit due if they can't give a solid reason to buy an Xbox One. If every title they release is available on another platform, then I don't have a reason to own an Xbox One.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

vivster said:

Doing well isn't what gets you back market share. They need to do a lot better to gain anything that has been lost since last gen.

Doing well means they are/starting to get serious.
The Xbox One X, Backwards Compatibility... And they had a good showing at E3, got a few more new studios...

I don't expect them to garner any significant marketshare this generation though, but they are trying to turn things around at-least.
Again... Credit where credit is due.

vivster said:

For example, canceling and delaying highly anticipated games is what you should not do.

I don't actually disagree. Cancelling Scalebound and Fable Legends were big mistakes that shouldn't have happened.
And it's not just the cancelling of games that was the issue... Big titles like Halo: The Master Chief Collection was a colossal screw up... And Halo 5 didn't seem to hit the heights of the 7th gen offerings.

vivster said:

They could do a lot more, but I have yet to see a significant attack.

Sony and Nintendo can also do more.
Microsoft has been smashing it out lately, which has been fantastic... The real question/test is if they can maintain that momentum going forward or stagnate like they did during the past couple of years.

vivster said:

If they're not at least 6 months earlier than Sony in bringing next gen it will confirm that they're not really serious about competing and are rather content and complacent with what they did this gen.

The sooner next-gen starts the better.

Early this generation Microsoft had to do allot of work to fix their always online DRM, Kinect, Higher Price and power gap... On that front they did exceedingly well early on.

They abolished the always online, Kinect was unbundled, price was matched to the Playstation 4... And Microsoft spent a significant amount of time optimizing the console to reduce Ram/CPU/GPU consumption and increased clockrates to make it a little more competitive with the Playstation 4 on the hardware front.

...But then they stagnated. Games were few and far between and generally not impressive.

OttoniBastos said:
I think microsoft will try to release it first in order to steal some market share(something like late 2019).

I really wish they all would wait until 2020 so we could have a nice upgrade for an affordable price.

With the way CPUs are improving in this last couple of years thanks to ryzen,by 2020 we could have a powerful ryzen APU(16 cores) + 16gb ram for $400-$500.

Don't expect high-end PC hardware in a console, consoles can't afford it for the price points they are attempting to hit.
16 CPU cores ain't going to happen.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--