By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shenmue I & II has optional In-game purchases??

pokoko said:
Medisti said:

You know, some people have compulsive tendencies completely beyond their control. It's just how their brains are wired. It's nice if you don't, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be measures in place to protect people with that problem. Should we take away the handicap ramps, too?

Should we not allow people to enter Wal-mart without someone there to make sure they don't overspend?  Ramps enable people to do what they could not before, so that's not a good analogy.  This is about disabling people "for their own good," whether they need it or not.

Ganoncrotch said:

It's more a case of this to think about.... did they create new content to buy and add into the game for purchase... or have they cut out portions of the already complete game and now ask a charge for what was complete on the Dreamcast and Original Xbox, knowing Sega and 2018 gaming, my bet would be on the latter moreso than the former.

Designing DLC from the ground up is a lot easier than creating something and then going back inside to splice and rewire.  The "complete game cut into pieces" isn't really practical and hasn't been the way things have worked for awhile.  Different developers have said that it doesn't work that way.  Granted, some Japanese publishers can be backwards but that would still be an assumption.  I'm not going to get angry until I see a reason to get angry.

But you are talking about creating new content for a game which is already a complete package just being ported to new systems, it is far more likely that they would take one of the old missions which took a lot of time and effort and add a method to get around that by paying cash or just remove the original methods of unlocking content altogether and replace it with a paywall instead, especially considering that the original games have unlockables which include arcade versions of older Sega classics which are now more commonly sold as separate games on the eshop/psn rather than gifted to a player for spending a lot of time/effort in a game they've bought.

What I'm saying is this is very likely to be original game content cut out and resold than new content added for extra cash on top of the asking price of the game.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

For all we know it could just be something as simple as additional character clothes that does nothing to the actual gameplay.

Surely its a joke about the capsule toys?

But seriously it could just be an error, I've seen "in game purchases" appear on many PS Store games and sometimes I can't see, even imagine, what they are meaning. For example the recent Sega Mega Drive Classics collection on PS4 says "in game purchases optional" on the UK PS Store page but there is nowhere in game to buy anything.

Last edited by Landale_Star - on 04 July 2018

Could be just something related to supporting or buying Shenmue 3.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Burnout Paradise Remastered before launch also said "optional in game purchases", but then the dev had to clarify by saying there aren't any.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

I hope this means nothing.

flashfire926 said:
Take it with a grain of salt.

Burnout Paradise Remastered before launch also said "optional in game purchases", but then the dev had to clarify by saying there aren't any.

Yeah I think it's a mistake as well because the NA store doesn't list optional in game purchases.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
John2290 said:
I won't pay for a single player game that will charge me for content after the fact if it's blatantlycut content at launch or any content I would want in the base game, but a remaster of a generation old game. Hell, to the fucking no,bro. Regardless of if this is currency or a timer extender/easy mode quality of life things or even cosmetic stuff. I will not buy. I was all in for visiting a serious that has peaked my interest rhe last few years too. Shame.

I'd almost put money on it being a mistake, their website doesn't make any mention of it, other regions of the PS Store don't mention it and there are plenty of games on the UK PS Store that state in game purchases but don't actually offer any. My guess is someone doesn't check these things. I can't see any mention of in game purchases on Xbox or Steam either.

That's actually super funny.