By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 16 June 2018

DonFerrari said:
zorg1000 said:

I think Sony's projections show that a price cut to $199 is not happening.

Sony may lowball predictions to be conservative but not in excess... so unless they were expecting a major drop without pricecut (unlikely) their projection shows that they weren't planning a price cut. But it still could happen depending on what happens on the next 3 months.

Yep, i could see them revising their forcast up by 1-2 million if it continues to do so well and i think a price cut to $249 is possible but i cant imagine an official drop to $199 happening outside of holiday promotions.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:

Sony may lowball predictions to be conservative but not in excess... so unless they were expecting a major drop without pricecut (unlikely) their projection shows that they weren't planning a price cut. But it still could happen depending on what happens on the next 3 months.

Yep, i could see them revising their forcast up by 1-2 million if it continues to do so well and i think a price cut to $249 is possible but i cant imagine an official drop to $199 happening outside of holiday promotions.

I agree with you. At the moment Sony doesn't have much reason or gain cutting to 199.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Comparison of the fiscal years start :

From April 1st 2017

vs

From April 1st 2018

Orange is 2018 (or starting from April 1st 2018)
Blue is 2017

The not completed line is the current one running. So I personnaly believe that they will ship these 20M before April 1st 2019.

It is expected to accelerate a bit now, and it is already taking distance from the curve of last year.

Amnesia said:

From April 1st 2017

vs

From April 1st 2018

You might want to mention what system these sales belong to.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Arf...Sorry. The Switch ofcourse.

Amnesia said:

From April 1st 2017

vs

From April 1st 2018

Great work, really shows that the Switch is doing much better already than it did last year

Could you make one for the PS4, too?

Amnesia said:
Arf...Sorry. The Switch ofcourse.

Haha no problem, i figured it was Switch.

Yep, here is SONY now :

Both curves starts from April 1st 2017 and 2018

Amnesia said:

Yep, here is SONY now :

Both curves starts from April 1st 2017 and 2018

Great work and thanks! Really shows how big of a spring and summer the PS4 had last year, I really doubt it can keep up this year.