By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did I get scammed?

Maybe they are stolen. Or pirated.

Around the Network

Maybe they are selling the boxes?
I remember when X1 came out people were selling full priced boxes.

Last edited by Moren - on 01 July 2018

Lafiel said:

if a long time ebay seller is suddenly selling items they never really carried before for dirt cheap it's usually a hacked account

Wouldn't they need to hack their Paypal account too though to collect the cash? They've been available since June 28th so you'd expect the original owner to have regained the account by now.

the-pi-guy said:

Switch games can't be pirated yet can they? Fake, stolen or scam is my guess. Most of them could have been turned around at a CEX/GAME for £25-£30. 90 copies of Skyrim might arouse suspicion though.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:

the-pi-guy said:

Switch games can't be pirated yet can they?

As of a few months ago, they can be pirated, but you have to intentionally exploit the Switch. 

elazz said:
Maybe he's selling just some covers? Else you're lucky.

morenoingrato said:

Maybe they are selling the boxes?
I remember when X1 came out people were selling full priced boxes.

£5 would still be cheap for a case. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-Switch-Replacement-Cases-CASE-ONLY-NO-GAME/142830661299?hash=item21415eeeb3%3Am%3Am081S_Gwd-rK08GFi1wQajQ&var=441832091032

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

tagging to see if you bought paper print outs or empty boxes.

I once got scammed for my stupidity back in University. It was 1999 and we were ordering through and English site, and didn’t quite understand the wording. I found swords! Me and my friends all bought swords for 0.99 USD a pop. Written somewhere was a 100$USD shipping price. So we ended up paying that and some other fees as well, ended up around the price of just buying them locally at a sword shop. Being German meant none of us even considered backing out of the transaction. Also being German meant the moment we got them we would have sword fights!

Looking back on it: really-really stupid all around on my part.

But I think scamming is difficult if you have half a brain and better English.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

£4.99, scammed.

Tagging to.find.out.

Pyro as Bill said:
Lafiel said:

if a long time ebay seller is suddenly selling items they never really carried before for dirt cheap it's usually a hacked account

Wouldn't they need to hack their Paypal account too though to collect the cash? They've been available since June 28th so you'd expect the original owner to have regained the account by now.

the-pi-guy said:

Switch games can't be pirated yet can they? Fake, stolen or scam is my guess. Most of them could have been turned around at a CEX/GAME for £25-£30. 90 copies of Skyrim might arouse suspicion though.

I just had a mental image of someone trading a couple of copies in at a store, going out, and coming back with a shitty disguise to trade more copies in, lol. 

It'll be interesting to see how this goes though, if the seller is legit and you get your items for super cheap, I might have to give it a try myself out of curiosity, lol :P