By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Canadian Nintendo Switch Price Drop To CND$ 379.99 Now In Place

Switch has received its first price drop – in Canada that is. Starting today, the system will be sold for $379.99. The original cost was $399.99, to it’s $20 savings.

Retailers have already updated their listings online. Amazon Canada, for example, now lists Switch for the new price.

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-lowers-switchs-price-to-379-99-in-canada/

Around the Network

Well that's a very...odd amount to drop the price by :P

In France, it's already sold 10-20€ less rhan it was originaly sold

SKMBlake said:
In France, it's already sold 10-20€ less rhan it was originaly sold

Given the launch MSRP was freaking 329 euros - which comes out to $388 - that's not too surprising.

No the launch price was 299, and then go up to 329 but now you can easily find a new Switch around 289€

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
No the launch price was 299, and then go up to 329 but now you can easily find a new Switch around 289€

You sure?  I double checked the info before posting.

CaptainExplosion said:
Nuvendil said:

You got it right. $299 was the US launch price, it was $399 in Canada.

I was talking about the European Union launch price which is listed as being 329 euros.  

Seems more of a price adjustment based on currency. CAD$ have been in the range of 0,80$ for some time now.

abronn627 said:
Seems more of a price adjustment based on currency. CAD$ have been in the range of 0,80$ for some time now.

I was wondering if it was something like that, a 5% price cut is kind of pointless otherwise.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nuvendil said:
SKMBlake said:

Yes. Here is an article about the price adjustment (in french): https://www.numerama.com/pop-culture/227724-guerre-des-prix-la-nintendo-switch-passe-a-299-e.html