By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I just had an eye-opening dream

You know what guys, I tend to have a horrible tendency to have the negatives outweigh the positives. But you know what? I just had a dream, an interesting one if I must say, of those who have been there for me and who have tried to help me/stick with me. There have been people that have done so much for me, and I just dismiss it all because I'm way too pre-occupied with what isn't going my way or with who isn't fond of me. That's just so unfair of them, and while I was obviously aware of the damage it was doing beforehand, I guess I am more vulnerable in my dreams. Instead of playing the victim and focusing on the wrongs, I need to focus more on those who have helped me and have been there for me, or else I could lose them too.

Around the Network

Your profile pic is creepy AF

Do that.
Do it.
Now.

Please.

caffeinade said:
Do that.
Do it.
Now.

Please.

Yes! listen to Caff

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

LittleSnake said:
caffeinade said:
Do that.
Do it.
Now.

Please.

Yes! listen to Caff

Listen to her!

Around the Network
caffeinade said:
LittleSnake said:

Yes! listen to Caff

Listen to her!

Listen to them!

Good that it finally came to you in a dream after people have been telling it to you for months.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

OP there's some nice exercises that could help you continue doing this. One is that you keep a journal every day, and write down 5 things that made you happy or either grateful, no matter how small. You can surprise yourself with how many people can be there for you on a daily basis :)

vivster said:
caffeinade said:

Listen to her!

Listen to them!

Good that it finally came to you in a dream after people have been telling it to you for months.

Check your Switch friends list, you missed a spot

Well what was the dream? I had a crazy dream two nights ago where I got this job working for a company that was trying to brainwash the world. Each work shift they would put me through some test chamber, inflicting pain on me with the ultimate goal of making me immune to physical pain so they can build an army of people that will do their bidding. The one that sticks out in my mind is where they strapped this weird thing to my neck, and they had these piano keys that would hit me in the throat and make a loud ding sound.

At the end of the dream all of my co-workers and I banded together to fight the boss.

So yeah, weirdest dream I've had in years probably, as far as I can remember. Also one of the longest dreams I've had in years.

VGPolyglot said:
vivster said:

Listen to them!

Check your Switch friends list, you missed a spot

I'd have to turn on my Switch for that and I'd rather not.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.