By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Half way through the year - which is you favourite acclaimed new release so far?

Half way through the year - which is you favourite acclaimed new release so far?

God of War 776 65.37%

Celeste 105 8.85%

Shadow of the Colossus 76 6.40%

Monster Hunter: World 103 8.68%

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire 28 2.36%

DJMax Respect 2 0.17%

Ni no Kuni II 73 6.15%

Full Metal Furies 2 0.17%

Super Mega Baseball 2 14 1.18%

Into the Breach 8 0.67%

Total:1,187

nothing on the list :(

Personally for me I've had more enjoyment and engagement with smaller games like Old Mans Journey, Enigmatis series, Blossom Tales and games of that nature so far this year.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

I have over 100 hours in Celeste. Only five Golden Strawberries to go. So that's definitely my most loved. When I get by PS4 back from my old man, I'll give God of War a go, but that'll be awhile, lol

PwerlvlAmy said:
nothing on the list :(

Personally for me I've had more enjoyment and engagement with smaller games like Old Mans Journey, Enigmatis series, Blossom Tales and games of that nature so far this year.

I remember looking at Old Man's Journey a bit, but haven't played it yet. It looks like it has potential!

I have played Blossom Tales though. Thought it was a fun tribute to the classic Legend of Zelda games. I did find it just a bit heavy-handed in its copying thereof though, honestly. When I compare Blossom Tales to Ittle Dew 2 (a Zelda clone that I've fallen in love with since its 2016 release), I can't help but feel like the former could use more personality (and fewer bows; nobody over the age of 9 that I'm aware of wears a bow) with which to distinguish itself. But it's a well-crafted homage to a really fun type of adventure game that I miss.

Medisti said:

I have over 100 hours in Celeste. Only five Golden Strawberries to go. So that's definitely my most loved. When I get by PS4 back from my old man, I'll give God of War a go, but that'll be awhile, lol

Nice! Now THAT is dedication!!

Phew, I'm seriously exhausted just thinking about that.

Jaicee said:
Medisti said:

Nice! Now THAT is dedication!!

Phew, I'm seriously exhausted just thinking about that.

Only do it if you hate yourself, like me. :P 194/200 so far (I don't know why I wrote five earlier. It's six. I can't math). I'm through the A-side and C-side levels, and the first two B-side levels. The winged Golden one took like 2,000 deaths. I never want to do that again.

Also, great icon :D

Around the Network
Medisti said:

Only do it if you hate yourself, like me. :P 194/200 so far (I don't know why I wrote five earlier. It's six. I can't math). I'm through the A-side and C-side levels, and the first two B-side levels. The winged Golden one took like 2,000 deaths. I never want to do that again.

That is going to be one friggin' awesome strawberry pie!

(And thanks. )

Jaicee said:
Medisti said:

That is going to be one friggin' awesome strawberry pie!

(And thanks. )

Wouldn't that be nice. The image stays the same after 175. I just enjoy playing the game, though, so I don't mind it. I do think the B-sides are much too long for how perfect you're expected to be with that kind of difficulty. (The harder something is, the shorter it should be, imo, which is why I really love the C-side levels and didn't mind getting the Golden Strawberries there)

Medisti said:

Wouldn't that be nice. The image stays the same after 175. I just enjoy playing the game, though, so I don't mind it. I do think the B-sides are much too long for how perfect you're expected to be with that kind of difficulty. (The harder something is, the shorter it should be, imo, which is why I really love the C-side levels and didn't mind getting the Golden Strawberries there)

They should give you SOME kind of reward to absolute completion!

I agree with you: the B-sides are too much! I feel like I'm in a Super Mario Maker tournament every time I even attempt. It's fun to try though! Sometimes.

Jaicee said:
Medisti said:

They should give you SOME kind of reward to absolute completion!

I agree with you: the B-sides are too much! I feel like I'm in a Super Mario Maker tournament every time I even attempt. It's fun to try though! Sometimes.

The joy of completion doesn't count? ;)

I don't mind the steep difficulty. They're just waaaay too long for how hard they are. B-side Summit is like 40 screens.

Baddman said:
haven't played a single game on that list So I'm going with Hollow Knight if that qualifies

I came to this poll to write those very exact same words.