By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Franchise Would Suffer Most From a Battle Royale Mode?

Which franchise needs Battle Royale like a hole in the head?

Pokemon 1 16.67%

Tetris 1 16.67%

Final Fantasy 1 16.67%

The Legend of Zelda 0 0%

Souls 1 16.67%

FIFA 0 0%

Resident Evil 0 0%

Just Dance 0 0%

Super Mario 2 33.33%

Something else! 0 0%

Total:6

Battle Royale is a big game mode these days. After the success of PUBG and Fortnite, a lot of gaming companies are jumping on the bandwagon. Even Call of Duty, once a taste-maker, has become another in a long line of followers.

My question to you: which beloved franchise would be most ill-suited to battle royale? Which series would hurt the most by adopting this trending game mode -- assuming it replaced a traditional single-player or multi-player mainstay?

Around the Network

Metroid Prime Battle Royale!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

A Pokemon Battle Royale would be fun, though. Something like the Pyramid Challenge in the Hoenn Battle Frontier, you scavange in the dark for Pokemon and items, and if you find another player, you HAVE to fight them. The last 10 fight in a regular tournament.

Also, I'm sure Red Dead will have some sort of Battle Royale mode, akin to "Gold Fever". You have to fight the other outlaws to find and protect an old Spanish treasure or something like that.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Mnementh said:

Let's hope not!

Although, I will say the idea of 100 people trying to escape to the surface of Zebes on a timer would be pretty thrilling  

i think people are starting to get carried away here. Battle Royale is not a mode, it is a genre. every option listed here would be terrible because you cant just mix two genres together at random.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Mnementh said:

Let's hope not!

Although, I will say the idea of 100 people trying to escape to the surface of Zebes on a timer would be pretty thrilling  

I say, after seeing the success of PUBG and Fortnite, Nintendo srapped MP4 and makes Metroid Battle Arena.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

GT Sport, it already feels like battle royale sometimes and that's the opposite of what it's trying to achieve!

I would actually not be surprised by a battle royale mode in Tetris Effect, Tetsuya Mizuguchi is up to anything.

Yerm said:
i think people are starting to get carried away here. Battle Royale is not a mode, it is a genre. every option listed here would be terrible because you cant just mix two genres together at random.

Well, franchises can work over different genres. See Mario. Although for Battle Royale an action-franchise would be certainly better than - say a puzzler.

Mnementh said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Let's hope not!

I say, after seeing the success of PUBG and Fortnite, Nintendo srapped MP4 and makes Metroid Battle Arena.

How about meet in the middle?

Make this...

...with Federation marines.