By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4...which system(s) do you think the game will be released on?

due to the new screenshots released yesterday I say it's PS3

New screen shots:(click on the pic and it's on bottom right)

http://www.gemaga.com/2008/04/12/star-ocean-4-scan-shows-amazing-visuals

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
kingofwale said:
iclim4 said:

Xbox360, It's the only console I can see who can greatly benifit from this tactic.
Or maybe SE is doing it on purpose in an attempt to be moneyhatted. =l

I see absolutely no benefit for SE to have a proven franchise on xbox360 exclusively.

I'm going with PS3

If SE was moneyhatted by MS, then this tactic would help maximize sales.
This method can hype and possibly persuade people who didn't own 360s to buy the system and the game more effectively, rather than just telling them that the game is coming out for the xbox360. The Xbox360 is, in fact, virtually dead in Japan so most people would just dismiss the game if they were told that the game was coming out on the 360 without getting hyped.

Also, Sony was already showing "FFXIII for the PS3" TV comercials a year ago, why the complete change in tactics for SO4?

when was the last time SE was 'moneyhatted' by MS? Frankly, I don't see it happening. Maybe a new franchise, but a proven franchise on PS? to an console that sells 2K per week? not going to happen.

And a non in-game teaser trailer doesn't count as "hyping a game"

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
SpartanFX said:

if those sceens on the bottom right are in-game, then I will be amazed as the game would rival FFXIII not only in looks but if Star Ocean 3 was any indication, SO4 will get plenty of hype just by its visuals alone

SpartanFX said:

Def not for the Wii.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

Is that guy in the magazine scans carrying around a Chainsaw? Swear that's what is strapped to his back.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:

when was the last time SE was 'moneyhatted' by MS? Frankly, I don't see it happening. Maybe a new franchise, but a proven franchise on PS? to an console that sells 2K per week? not going to happen.

And a non in-game teaser trailer doesn't count as "hyping a game"

Just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it wont happen now.
The same can be said with "Tales of Vesperia"
A proven franchise suddenly moving to a console that sells "2k per week".

And "non in-game teaser trailers" do count as hyping a game.
E3 05?
Killzone 2?
Motorstorm?
Tekken 6?
Does it ring any bells?
If you weren't hyped after watching all those "non in-game teaser trailers", I don't know what your definition of hyped is. But I can honestly say that I, and a lot more people, was hyped by those "non in-game teaser trailers".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I know Soriku would want this one on the Wii

PS3 for sure....And I'd say 25% chance of being multiplatform, but I doubt it. Maybe a spin-off on the Wii, but not for awhile.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Probably PS3. Wii is the only other console really in the running for it. If DS got an SO title, it'd get a spinoff or remake.

PS3.

@iclim: SE may sacrifice a few unproven IPs for MS, but would they give them one of their main franchises, one whose sales come predominantly from Japan? I can't see that happen. If it did, it would probably the most expensive moneyhat yet.

Multiplat is a possibility, though it goes against what the SO devs have said in the past.