By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4...which system(s) do you think the game will be released on?

iclim4 said:
starcraft said:
Finally found this horrible thread.
Does everyone still think my logic is ridiculously stupid?
Well aren't we full of ourselves.
You may have been right (we both were, post#3).
But you still weren't able to support your reason as to why you thought SO4 was heading to the Xbox360.
Not only weren't you able to support your "Logic", it was all based on Dodece's insight in the first place.
You being right was mostly attributed to luck and your favor for the xbox360.
And you bragging about being right because you copied Dodece's idea(especially after you wrote "I don't claim credit for this idea") is pretty sad. =l

Now that I think about it what made you say I was unable to support my logic?  Aside from the fact some of it must have been right as SO4 is now exclusive, on page two you actually agreed with parts of what I was saying.

Then you go on too say I only copied dodoce?  So its my idea when you want to say my logic is a failure, but dodoce's idea when you want to say I'm bragging over something I had nothing to do with?

Granted the post won the favour of a few PS3 fans, and clearly I'm excited I'll be able to play SO4 on the 360 (and I apologize if I took that too far), but it does seem to me you need to make your mind up one way or the other.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Gobias said:
iclim4 said:
starcraft said:
Finally found this horrible thread.
Does everyone still think my logic is ridiculously stupid?
Well aren't we full of ourselves.
You may have been right (we both were, post#3).
But you still weren't able to support your reason as to why you thought SO4 was heading to the Xbox360.
Not only weren't you able to support your "Logic", it was all based on Dodece's insight in the first place.
You being right was mostly attributed to luck and your favor for the xbox360.
And you bragging about being right because you copied Dodece's idea(especially after you wrote "I don't claim credit for this idea") is pretty sad. =l

Haha, wow.

Was I not right?

As you said, I clearly gave dodoce credit for the original idea, and went on to support it.

The logic you you just attacked, turned out to be right.

As you can see, Gobius and Lone_Canis, in their rush to agree with anyone that has a go at me, seemed to overlook those simple facts as well. 

You failed to support it actually.
You even ditched my replys right near the end of page 2 and didn't even give it closure.

Just because you were right with the end result doesn't necessarily mean that all your supporting details were also correct.
Lets say for example we were betting on 2 fighters.
You said you were sure fighter A was going to win because he wears black and was sprinkled with magic fairy dust.
I wagered on fighter B because I saw it in a dream and got a card with a B mark.
After the match Fighter A won, does that mean he won because he wore black and had fairy dust sprinkled on him?
If fighter B won, does that mean he won because I dreamt of it and because I saw a B mark on a card?

Your supporting details I "Attacked" were:
"Sony is still largely trading on potential as far as games go, ESPECIALLY in Japan where sales are dismal."
"It must also be noted that the PS3 has shown NO ability to shift JRPG's in the West, whereas the 360 has shown some (limited) ability to do so. Much of this ridiculous idea that the PS3 can sell JRPG's right now comes from the PS2's legacy."

Just because SO4 is coming to the XBox360 doesn't make those points right and I will still stand by my past arguments.

Also bragging about being right because you read and thought someone's idea was correct is what's wrong.
It's like reading one of Newtons laws before it was approved, agreeing with it, and shoving it in everyone's face after the science society deemed it to be factual. If anything, Dodece should be the one bragging, especially after you said "I don't claim credit for this Idea". Do you disagree?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Gobias said:
starcraft said:
Gobias said:
starcraft said:
Gobias said:
Isn't necro bumping against the rules?

Not if it has relevance. Which this thread clearly does.

It's only necro bumping if a thread is thematically dead as well as seeing no activity for some time.

Yeah, your gloating and self-importance is really important to this site.

You seem to be a very agressive person.

Most of your posts seem to be about attacking individuals, rather than engaging with their arguments.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh, but its something to look at.

OT: It would be interesting to know whether Square Enix's thinking on SO4 going 360'exclusive WAS the same as what dodoce/me were arguing. It could be very relevant if that thinking leads to other series switching platform.

I believe FFXIII is staying PS3 exclusive, but what about Versus...........

"Most" of my posts? I have posted in 5 threads since I came back to this site.

I was banned for 3 months by Fishyjoe without ever being warned or banned previously (so I guess "most" of my posts were reasonable) because I made a joke post about him and he took it quite personally.

I'm just being honest, the only reason this got bumped is so you could rub it in people's faces, is that really "relevent" as you so claim it?

"Trestres seems to have anger issues."

"I doubt you have a real opinion on either site, you don't care, as long as one makes the 360 look better than the other."

"I knew you'd try to get out of it."

"Unlike most human males, the Fishyjoe opts to use the magazine "Nintendo power" as masturbatory fodder, many would consider this a strange and unusual practice, as most normal human males would much rather gawk at a magazine showcasing the naked female body.

But the Fishyjoe doesn't want to be like other males, oh no, he would much rather scream "JUST PASSED 20 MILLION" at the top of his lungs at the height of the sexual experience.

We salute you Fishyjoe, for all your hard working spreading the word (and your seed) for Nintendo."

A few of your choice quotes.  They are all some of your more recent postings, as I couldnt be bothered going further back.  For all I know, it gets worse.  That last one was the most impressive.  Perhaps there was a reason you were banned?

Call down a bit.  Engage with substantive matter rather than attacking posters themselves

starcraft said:
Gobias said:

I was banned for 3 months by Fishyjoe without ever being warned or banned previously (so I guess "most" of my posts were reasonable) because I made a joke post about him and he took it quite personally.

I'm just being honest, the only reason this got bumped is so you could rub it in people's faces, is that really "relevent" as you so claim it?

"I doubt you have a real opinion on either site, you don't care, as long as one makes the 360 look better than the other."

"Unlike most human males, the Fishyjoe opts to use the magazine "Nintendo power" as masturbatory fodder, many would consider this a strange and unusual practice, as most normal human males would much rather gawk at a magazine showcasing the naked female body.

But the Fishyjoe doesn't want to be like other males, oh no, he would much rather scream "JUST PASSED 20 MILLION" at the top of his lungs at the height of the sexual experience.

We salute you Fishyjoe, for all your hard working spreading the word (and your seed) for Nintendo."

A few of your choice quotes. They are all some of your more recent postings, as I couldnt be bothered going further back. For all I know, it gets worse. That last one was the most impressive. Perhaps there was a reason you were banned?

Call down a bit. Engage with substantive matter rather than attacking posters themselves

More recent postings? They're from the last 6 posts I've made...clearly you are thorough with your research.

"No problem, it's a little bit dated and I think there are some changes but basically you just BS your whole way through, unless you want to buy stuff off the store.

I would also recommend doing an EU account if you have a US account already, or visa versa as they do have some differences.

I created one for China but I never use it since they rarely have anything unique, but they do have some weird television shows or something for downloading. Try creating some for random regions and see if you can find anything interesting, if you do, tell me!"

Clearly I am nothing but a troll. Hell, the first three quotes from your post aren't even close to the some of the dribble you have posted in the past, none of those are particularly offensive, except the 360 one, and that would only be offensive to you.

Also, Fishyjoe will probably ban you for quoting that last line. God knows it took him 3 miliseconds to ban me for posting it, some sense of humour he has :P

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

iclim4 said:

You ditched my replys right near the end of page 2 and didn't even give it closure.

Just because you were right with the end result doesn't necessarily mean that all your supporting details were also correct.
You said you were sure fighter A was going to win because he wears black and was sprinkled with magic fairy dust.
I wagered on fighter B because I saw it in a dream and got a card with a B mark.
After the match Fighter A won, does that mean he won because he wore black and had fairy dust sprinkled on him?

"Sony is still largely trading on potential as far as games go, ESPECIALLY in Japan where sales are dismal."
"It must also be noted that the PS3 has shown NO ability to shift JRPG's in the West, whereas the 360 has shown some (limited) ability to do so. Much of this ridiculous idea that the PS3 can sell JRPG's right now comes from the PS2's legacy."

Just because SO4 is coming to the XBox360 doesn't make those points right and I will still stand by my past arguments.

Also bragging about being right because you read and thought someone's idea was correct is what's wrong.
It's like reading one of Newtons laws before it was approved, agreeing with it, and shoving it in everyone's face after the science society deemed it to be factual. If anything, Dodece should be the one bragging, especially after you said "I don't claim credit for this Idea". Do you disagree?

Predominently, our argument came down to this:  The PS3 has received no good JRPG's thus far.

I said that because of this, it shouldn't be assumed the PS3 can sell JRPG's.

You said that because of this, it should be assumed the PS3 can sell JRPG's.

eg.

"What I am saying is simply this.  Whilst the legacy of the PS2 will be a good enough reason for some people to have already picked up a PS3, there are no good JRPG's on the system.  IT is totally unreasonable to assume the PS3 can move JRPG's, as people on this site regularly do."

I left the thread because, in order to avoid dealing with some of my points, you and several other posters wrongfully claimed I was arguing the game would be Xbox 360 exclusive. All I was arguing was why it might go multiplatform.  Apparently this was a differentiating factor between my and dodoce's arguments, as some interpreted him as saying it would be 360 exclusive.

What I was right about was the fact that the game will not be PS3 exclusive.  Dodoce was even more right as he believed it would be 360 exclusive (if in fact, that was his belief).  But as I already stated in my last reply, I apologize if I took my excitement too far.

@Lone_Canis

Now I see why you were so pissed off, you were in this thread too.

Around the Network
MaximusOptimus said:
PS3. Not Wii since the graphics should be great. Not 360 since it is dead to JPN players.

Back then lol i was still optomistic about the PS..... well not anymore.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

Gobias said:
starcraft said:
Gobias said:

A few of your choice quotes. They are all some of your more recent postings, as I couldnt be bothered going further back. For all I know, it gets worse. That last one was the most impressive. Perhaps there was a reason you were banned?

Call down a bit. Engage with substantive matter rather than attacking posters themselves

More recent postings? They're from the last 6 posts I've made...clearly you are thorough with your research.

"No problem, it's a little bit dated and I think there are some changes but basically you just BS your whole way through, unless you want to buy stuff off the store.

I would also recommend doing an EU account if you have a US account already, or visa versa as they do have some differences.

I created one for China but I never use it since they rarely have anything unique, but they do have some weird television shows or something for downloading. Try creating some for random regions and see if you can find anything interesting, if you do, tell me!"

Clearly I am nothing but a troll. Hell, the first three quotes from your post aren't even close to the some of the dribble you have posted in the past, none of those are particularly offensive, except the 360 one, and that would only be offensive to you.

Also, Fishyjoe will probably ban you for quoting that last line.

I generally find Fishyjoe to be a fair moderator.  I think he'll understand why I posted that quote.

I didn't say you were nothing but a troll.  What I said is that you seem to be overly aggressive.  I didn't even say you were offensive.  You got banned once for attacking someone.  People get banned for trolling all the time, but you got banned for a personal attack.  Try to be nicer thats all.  

I've now apologized for taking bragging too far. Twice.

Where's your apology? 

No thread necros, as mentioned in the others.

starcraft said:
iclim4 said:

You ditched my replys right near the end of page 2 and didn't even give it closure.

Just because you were right with the end result doesn't necessarily mean that all your supporting details were also correct.

Predominently, our argument came down to this:  The PS3 has received no good JRPG's thus far.

I said that because of this, it shouldn't be assumed the PS3 can sell JRPG's.

You said that because of this, it should be assumed the PS3 can sell JRPG's.

eg.

"What I am saying is simply this.  Whilst the legacy of the PS2 will be a good enough reason for some people to have already picked up a PS3, there are no good JRPG's on the system.  IT is totally unreasonable to assume the PS3 can move JRPG's, as people on this site regularly do."

I left the thread because, in order to avoid dealing with some of my points, you Quote me on this and several other posters wrongfully claimed I was arguing the game would be Xbox 360 exclusive. All I was arguing was why it might go multiplatform.  Apparently this was a differentiating factor between my and dodoce's arguments, as some interpreted him as saying it would be 360 exclusive.

What I was right about was the fact that the game will not be PS3 exclusive.  Dodoce was even more right as he believed it would be 360 exclusive (if in fact, that was his belief).  But as I already stated in my last reply, I apologize if I took my excitement too far.

You stayed a full hour and 14 minutes judging by the time stamps on your replies.
Leaving a thread midway in a discussion would mean you weren't able to support your "logic". Do you disagree?
If you do, I can just leave this thread, open up a thread a month from now and say I finished this discussion and fully supported my claims. Doesn't sound fundamentally correct now does it?

Also can you link me to your apology.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

starcraft said:

I generally find Fishyjoe to be a fair moderator. I think he'll understand why I posted that quote.

I didn't say you were nothing but a troll. What I said is that you seem to be overly aggressive. I didn't even say you were offensive. You got banned once for attacking someone. People get banned for trolling all the time, but you got banned for a personal attack. Try to be nicer thats all.

I've now apologized for taking bragging too far. Twice.

Where's your apology?

I'm hardly a "mean" or "aggressive" poster, I did that post about fishyjoe as an over-zealous joke because he had been on a string of constant pro-nintendo posts.

I knew full well when I posted it I might get banned, but I wasn't expecting a instantaneous 3 month ban without a warning or anything. He also took it so seriously that he had to edit peoples posts who had quoted my post to delete it. Clearly he values his pride and reputation over everything else.

This is what, the third thread you've necro bumped to rub in peoples faces? I'm sorry but I cannot apologize for what I said, as I have obviously been supported by others in the thinking that you're taking this way too far (see iclim, makingmusic, etc.) You deserve everything that has been said in this thread.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com