By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4...which system(s) do you think the game will be released on?

I will buy a 360 for this game.

I own a Wii and PS3, and have batted around buying a 360, but never really wanted to since I have the PS3, but, if SO4 is announced 360 exclusive, I would buy a 360 for it.

Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile are two of my favorite series, ever.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Hephaestos said:
The problem I see with this is that the PS3 sucks in japan and is soso in the US (distant 3rd)... that is where JRPGs release the most.... even if SE wanted to turn PS3 into the RPG console, it is very risky right now. People have the Wii and will buy more for sure, it's easy money and guaranteed on the largest userbase in both NA and JP. (even if PS3 becomes 1st in others eventually, RPGs are just not good sellers there due to the massive translation needed, so it's not a factor).

Also I just had fun watching the cutscenes... if that's PS3 it's gonna look berk next to FFXIII.... especialy the characters in the ships and at the end scene, they look more like PS2 cutscenes than FFXIII

My bet is that even if this was started on PS3, it is a Wii game. (didn't MH3 do that too?)

Except MH3 for the PS3 got scrapped in favor of the Wii MH3 which is being made from the ground up.

@sc

Erm...but why would they suddenly do that now? And to asystem not as strong as the other systems? Doesn't seem SE's style. It's noti mpossible but at the same time not likely.

@Riachu

I think his point was if they're going to bother making a Wii one as well then why not easily port a 360 one for more sales.

To my knowledge SE made very few games for all consoles so far. Most of their large games are came out on handhelds, and you have no basis for them not porting a game to the ps3/wii. They could always just port the game to the ps3, and if the game is using the same engine it's not that hard to upgrade the graphics, because you aren't building it from the ground up. 

Well i think we can say that it will almost 100% come out for the ps3, i mean this game is going to make the ps3 library alot better for the japanese market, especially with it sitting next to final fantasy xiii vs xiii

obieslut said:
Well i think we can say that it will almost 100% come out for the ps3, i mean this game is going to make the ps3 library alot better for the japanese market, especially with it sitting next to final fantasy xiii vs xiii

I wouldn't be suprised if Star Ocean 4 is for PS3 since SO2 and SO3 along with the remakes of the first two were for playstation systems(PS1, PS2, PSP)

and what is mh3

Around the Network
Riachu said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Riachu said:
releasing Star Ocean 4 on the ps3 and wii, which is a less power full system, would not be a good idea. They have different control schemes for one thing.

In that case, they might as well put it on the 360 as well, since the last game sold well in America, and it wouldn't cost much to port it from the PS3.

PS2 and PS3 owners are more willing to play JRPGs than Xbox 360 users. There is indeed an audience for JRPGs on the 360 which is pretty much what Lost Odyssey proved. Star Ocean 3 sold well in America for the same reason Lost Odyssey has been selling well in America, which would be 2 things:

1)both games were really hyped

2)they were both decently advertised(which is unheard of for the "Tales of" series with the exeption of "Tales of Symphonia") in America

First of all, few PS3 JRPGs have been out, so that is an unfounded assumption until we get a decent amount of releases.

Second, even if it wouldn't sell well on the 360, I explicitly pointed out it would be a port from the PS3, at minimal cost, which would mean even 50k sales would be a profit. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

obieslut said:
and what is mh3

Monster Hunter 3

well i dont mind what console the game is on i would just prefere it if it came to the ps3 because i dont like the 360 controller and i dont think the wii's graphics are good enough for a game like this.

obieslut said:
and what is mh3

Monster Hunter 3 which is be the third installment of a series that is immensively popular in Japan

Riachu said:
obieslut said:
and what is mh3

Monster Hunter 3 which is be the third installment of a series that is immensively popular in Japan

are they still amking it for the ps3 or have they stoped all together