By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4...which system(s) do you think the game will be released on?

Star Ocean is one of my favorite JRPG series (though I didn´t really enjoy Star Ocean 3 for the PS2),and as a PS3/Wii owner,I´m hoping the game will be released on one of these systems.

I wonder why Square is being so mysterious about the issue...to build up hype?...to keep SO fans talking and wondering? 

Around the Network

PS3. Not Wii since the graphics should be great. Not 360 since it is dead to JPN players.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

JGarret said:

Star Ocean is one of my favorite JRPG series (though I didn´t really enjoy Star Ocean 3 for the PS2),and as a PS3/Wii owner,I´m hoping the game will be released on one of these systems.

I wonder why Square is being so mysterious about the issue...to build up hype?...to keep SO fans talking and wondering? 

Xbox360, It's the only console I can see who can greatly benifit from this tactic.
Or maybe SE is doing it on purpose in an attempt to be moneyhatted. =l

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Nintendo DS of course. That would maximize it sales infinitely.

It'll probably be for the PS3. (Although I really am hoping for the Wii as I don't have a PS3, and Wify probably wont let me buy another console for about 2 years).

I think though that SO4 belongs on the PS3

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

Around the Network

ps3 i'd imagine

PS3

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
iclim4 said:
JGarret said:

Star Ocean is one of my favorite JRPG series (though I didn´t really enjoy Star Ocean 3 for the PS2),and as a PS3/Wii owner,I´m hoping the game will be released on one of these systems.

I wonder why Square is being so mysterious about the issue...to build up hype?...to keep SO fans talking and wondering?

Xbox360, It's the only console I can see who can greatly benifit from this tactic.
Or maybe SE is doing it on purpose in an attempt to be moneyhatted. =l

I see absolutely no benefit for SE to have a proven franchise on xbox360 exclusively.

I'm going with PS3 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

PS3 exclusive or Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on multiplatform release

PS3/360