By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update adds Labo support, more games will be given Labo support in the future

LipeJJ said:
That’s actually a very smart move. It’s honestly making me think about buying the Variety Kit.

me too

Switch!!!

Around the Network
irstupid said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Desperate attempt to bail the water from the ship. What makes Nintendo great (innovation) is also what makes them suck sometimes. They can't just be happy with doing well. They HAVE to do shit differently... at... all... costs.

I'm sure Nintendo is near bankruptcy due to Labo. Can you imagine the risk they took by selling cardboard for $75+ dollars. Cardboard is not cheap. They must have lost at least $100 on each unit sold.

On a more serious note. It's like Nintendo needed to put out an entire direct, tv commercials and billboards to tell people that Labo is not for them and to ignore it. Their little PSA announcement before the direct that announced it that said something along lines of "this is not for adults, but for little kids." was not enough. So many adults want the thing to fail because they don't like it.

This

irstupid said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Desperate attempt to bail the water from the ship. What makes Nintendo great (innovation) is also what makes them suck sometimes. They can't just be happy with doing well. They HAVE to do shit differently... at... all... costs.

I'm sure Nintendo is near bankruptcy due to Labo. Can you imagine the risk they took by selling cardboard for $75+ dollars. Cardboard is not cheap. They must have lost at least $100 on each unit sold.

On a more serious note. It's like Nintendo needed to put out an entire direct, tv commercials and billboards to tell people that Labo is not for them and to ignore it. Their little PSA announcement before the direct that announced it that said something along lines of "this is not for adults, but for little kids." was not enough. So many adults want the thing to fail because they don't like it.

Continuing to support the thing they said they would continue to support is "bailing the water from the ship" apparently.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I might buy it if some games get interesting support...

Cardboard Master Sword.

Around the Network

as several retailers have come out and said - the sales on toy lines are much more linear than that of video game sales. Labo is not a flop, it is selling just as good as it was when it was released, and the supply of Labo are on schedule to sell through the end of the end.

that being said, i just wanna say - if youre interested in trying this out but dont want to spend $70 you can just go to Nintendo's online store and order the replacement part for the motorbike toy-con for $12.

So Labo wasn't some one-off thing, they have plans to fully integrate it into the ecosystem.

Cool for those who want it. Don't care for it myself though.

Good way to add some longevity to an otherwise short-lived experience. I'm interesting in seeing how else they intertwine Labo with traditional games.